remove shading domain

Mosk the ScribeMosk the Scribe Posts: 888
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hi. I created a custom vertex object in C8.5 Pro. I then assigned several shading domains and put shaders on them.

Is there a way to remove a shading domain? (not just the shader but the actual domain)

I tried reassigning the polygons to one of the other domains, but I need to remove the shading domain entirely.

Thanks

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

In the Vertex Modeler, select the Global Tab and you should see the list of shading domains. There is an Add button and a Del (Delete) button. Select the domain you want to get rid of and press the delete button.

Picture_2.png
    969 x 391 - 138K
    Picture_1.png
    637 x 583 - 91K
  • Mosk the ScribeMosk the Scribe Posts: 888
    edited December 1969

You know, if you keep helping people around here your moniker is kind of gonna lose its sting. :)

edited December 1969

I haven't posted my library of twisted videos I've produced during my time with a video camera and editing software. :ahhh:

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited December 1969

Hi. I created a custom vertex object in C8.5 Pro. I then assigned several shading domains and put shaders on them.

Is there a way to remove a shading domain? (not just the shader but the actual domain)

I tried reassigning the polygons to one of the other domains, but I need to remove the shading domain entirely.

Thanks

Yes. The shading domains will be listed under the "global" tab in the vertex modeling room. I made a quick vertex cube and assigned two shading domains (zone 1 and zone 2). I then used delete under the global tab. Note that the red color was no longer limited to the original zone so you may need to make additional edits.

c_only1_zone_left.JPG
    1647 x 996 - 151K
    b2_global_tab_vertex_modeler_delete_shading_domain.jpg
    1516 x 1011 - 259K
    a_cube_with_2_shading_domains.JPG
    1553 x 982 - 137K
    edited December 1969

diomede64 said:

Thanks

Yes. The shading domains will be listed under the "global" tab in the vertex modeling room. I made a quick vertex cube and assigned two shading domains (zone 1 and zone 2). I then used delete under the global tab. Note that the red color was no longer limited to the original zone so you may need to make additional edits.

Ha! I beat you to it! Bwahahahaaaaaaaa! ;-P

How's that for evil. :cheese:

edited December 1969

Man, am I slow on the draw. :ohh: Not only did EP type faster, the two of you even had a couple of additional posts.

RE: Evilproducer's moniker. Agreed. Not very evil.

• Mosk the ScribeMosk the Scribe Posts: 888
    edited November 2014

Got it - thanks.

And we should give Evil Producer the benefit of the doubt, maybe he's just having a good day >:(

Post edited by Mosk the Scribe on
    edited November 2014

Not evil you say? I just made a snow angel and painted the face with yellow snow! I would post pictures but I can't find the damned cord for my camera!

Edited to add that I hate karma! ;-)

Post edited by evilproducer on
    edited December 1969

Not evil you say? I just made a snow angel and painted the face with yellow snow! I would post pictures but I can't find the damned cord for my camera!

Edited to add that I hate karma! ;-)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, my standards for evil are quite high because I grew up in Philly where we throw snowballs at Santa Claus and boo dogs that drop frizbees - and we love Mr. Claus and dogs! So unless you were planning on making snowballs from the yellow face and throw them at some guy in a Paul Bunyan suit, I'd have to say not very evil. ;-)

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited November 2014

He's evil alright!
    But he's a nice evil guy! Or, rather, a Nice EvilProducer!

EDIT: and one heck of an artist!
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited December 1969

Thanks guys. :)

I'll get you bastards yet!:coolsmile: