OT - Just stuff

Hey guys, been absent for a few days.  We finally had a celebration of life for my mother.  She died March 22nd, 2020 but because my youngest brother lives in Houston, Texas we had to wait until Covid 19 was more under control then we had to wait a few more weeks for the ground to be thawed to dig into it.  Two days in a row we've had a house full of people (80% of them vaccinated).  I feel that there is some closure now.  We have a house to clean up and lots of pictures and items that no one took that I need to decide to toss of keep.  It's been a long, long year and the last few weeks have been busy organizing everything.  Sighing now that it's over.

I've been a bit depressed so I haven't been doing any Bryce.  I tried making a couple of images and I simply can not make a decent terrain so I gave up and started playing Tomb Raider again.  Having Brian home and retired has changed my routine, but I enjoy having him here.  What's got me down is that I had radiation treatment after my breast cancer surgery in December of 2019.  Six months ago they found a spot in my left lung.  Just now they found two more spots in my lung (total 3).  This is the lung that the radiation hit.  I have another CT in 4 months.  What irks me about it is that my cancer was so tiny that it was a miracle that they could even see it on the mamogram.  I probably didn't even need the radiation and now the radiation may have caused more cancer....grrr. Plus, I had 3 nodules on my thyroid before the treatment and now I have 8 nodules on my thyroid because of the radiation.  I wish I'd know the side effects.  I just did what the doctor suggested.

I guess, too, it's that my eldest brother, who was diagnosed with brain stem Glioma, a month after my mother died has decided to stop all cancer treatments and let himself go.  It's breaking my heart.  He's going down hill so fast.  He's a pastor, a silver cross Viet Nam veteran and an amazingly kind person.  Please pray for no pain for him, if you pray.

Is this too much information?  Believe it or not I think of you guys as friends.  I need a life, right?

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,109

No cheering news - very sad to hear how life develops around you. I wish you all a soon recovery. Stay save and keep up the good spirit.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,095

This is sad news. Hope sincerely that you recover soon. I know all about cancer (ovarian carcinoma) had an operation, twice chemo and once radiation, sadly you are not alone and waiting for the outcome of every CT scan and blood test is scary.

Stay safe and think positive.

• Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 918

I wish I could hug you and give you strengh to get through it all....

don`t give up. I`ll pray for you.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,987

I also wish I could hug you too, hugging is so comforting and something we miss due to social distancing. I'll pray for your good health and speedy recovery. We are a small family here in the Bryce Forum, sharing joys and sorrows besides renders.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,133

I'm so sorry to hear about your (many) troubles. I'm not the praying kind, but my thoughts and best wishes go out to you and your family. And I hope you can reach a speedy and full recovery.

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,809

I'd like to apologize for posting such miserable news.  Everyone has their own issues and this pandemic has just made everything 10 times worse.  I'd had a few drinks and people had gone home and I was just sad after they left.  I let it get to me.  Thank you for the virtual hugs all.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,755

So sorry to hear about all the things happening in your life. Big hug, love and prayers from me too.

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,809

Hugs back at you.  I'm a hugger :)