Mimic pro carrara and poser characters

Frank-2602955Frank-2602955 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hi to all,

I try to get the poser figure James to work with Mimic Pro in Carrara, but I can't get it to work.

Following the hints at http://poser.smithmicro.com/tutorials/integration_mimic.html I decompressed the crz and obz files to cr2 and obj, but the character is only moving head and eyes but not the mouth. All needed morphs are there.
The poser characters that came with Mimic Pro for Carrara work like a charme as well as DAZ characters.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Frank

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,040
    edited December 1969

You can save the Poser talk designer file as a pz2 and load it in carrara or load the scene
    you need to re-add the sound file
    otherwise in mimic for carrara you need to add each morph to each phoneme manually as a nla clip
    it is probably easier to edit the default dmc file from DAZ studio in notepad changing the morph names to James's morphs
    even though I have the no longer available mimic pro standalone which makes it easier I still need to do this for some figures that crashed it.

• Frank-2602955Frank-2602955 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

it is probably easier to edit the default dmc file from DAZ studio in notepad changing the morph names to James's morphs.

Thanks a lot wendy♥catz, that did the trick.
    The morphs in the dmc file were like 'Mouth A' , while James morphs were 'mouthA'. It's even case sensitive, so you have to use the exact syntax in the dmc file.

Regards

Frank