Object and Material Libraries

edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Hi, I used to be very "fluent" in Bryce about 10-12 years ago. I made many scenes and won many awards. Now, I've just purchased Bryce 7 Pro and am having quite a lot of trouble remembering how to use the program. For instance, I used to have quite a full Materials and Objects libraries. I am loading old files from Bryce 4, Bryce 5 and Bryce 5.5. I would like to save some of the objects and materials from them in my new libraries. But I cannot find them!! I don't have any of my old software or manuals anymore. I did manage to order the Bryce 4 manual by Susan Kitchens that I used to use like a bible, but it won't arrive for a little while. In the meantime, can anyone help me?

Thanks, Cheri

Comments

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

You can download the manual here: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/software/bryce/start (click on the Bryce 7 Artist Guide - PDF ). Unfortunately the manual is not up to date anymore, however it has nearly everything except for the most recent features, and will still be useful.

When you say you can't find them, do you mean you believe you have them installed but do not know where to look, or are trying to identify the filenames or installer names of other products, or something else?

If they were installed, you would normally find them in the various subfolders in (Windows 7) "C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\Bryce7\Presets". However I have had trouble in the past due to the Window 7 virtual store, and found that trying to copy from these files gave me a corrupted copy, and I had to instead get them from the virtual store location "C:\Users\\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\Bryce7\Presets\". I don't know if that was just a one time thing, or if it happens all the time, or intermittent, or what so just grab both and use whichever works.