Rendering a full 360 degree view to use as a backdrop

magycompanymagycompany Posts: 1

Hey everybody, I've been trying to wrap my brain around this idea for a few days now but I'm not sure how to best approach it.

I'm looking to render an environment within DAZ Studio with a full 360 wraparound so I can use the resulting image as a cylindrical backdrop for an application in Unity, but to the best of my knowledge DAZ doesn't support that kind of camera. I saw that Carrara has a sphere camera which would work for what I'm trying to set up, but I'm not sure how to transfer the environment I currently have set up in Daz into Carrara and my knowledge of Carrara is pretty limited in general.

Anybody attempted something along these lines before that can offer some tips? I'm a bit at a loss here for now.

Comments

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited December 1969

Not sure in Carrara carrara I have 8.5 pro but havent got around to using it yet, But Bryce Pro has spherical mapper http://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-pro-spherical-mapper

That does what your asking I think.

steve.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,938
    edited December 1969

Yes carrara can too
    spherical camera at lowest zoom value will do it
    in Daz studio try a sphere in front of the canera with reflection then flip them and stitch the renders with Hugin or Microsoft ICE
    not tried just a suggestion.

edited December 1969

Maybe sphere with six directional shots may work better making a cube or very wide angle lens shots
    both can be stiched as how one would use the software with photos.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    edited December 1969

Just out of curiousity, anyone know if Vue will?

edited December 1969

well Pioneer did last time I had it installed but limited in size obviously