Bug found: Streets of Venice

Hi.

I don't know if there is a better place to report bugs in the DS2UE plugin, but the Streets of Venice by Stonemason don't transfer correctly. Several buildings are missing and in some cases parts of a building are also missing.

Just FYI.

Comments

• Are the missing buildings/parts instances in DS?

• pcicconepciccone Posts: 661

Everything looks fine in DS. I also tried the bridge to Blender and that works great. The bridge to Unreal is missing probably 50% of the map.

I forgot to mention that I'm working on Windows 10, with the UE Bridge version 4.0.

I tried to export to FBX from DS and then import the FBX model into Unreal and I got the exact same result. So, there is either a bug in the FBX exporter, which is used by the DS2UE bridge, or there is something weird about The Streets of Venice and maybe @Stonemason can shed some light on what would be the proper settings to use to export it.

Clipboard Image.jpg
    2549 x 1433 - 375K

One more detail. The model gets transferred perfectly when using the DS to Blender bridge. In fact, all the materials are also converted quite nicely. It's really a problem of the way the Unreal bridge and the FBX exporter handle that specific model, which uses instances heavily. Interestingly enough, I tried the "instances to Objects" script and there was no visible change. The script does convert the instances to actual objects, but the transfer to Unreal after that conversion doesn't give better results.

Cheers