Using example scenes' skydomes as a resource just like Bryce skies; acceptable?

srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
edited November 2014 in Bryce Discussion

I'm going to build myself a library of skydome images for use in DAZ Studio using various Bryce presets I like. I finally got a moment to sit down and run through my notes on using the Bryce 7 Pro Spherical Mapper ( http://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-pro-spherical-mapper ) to refresh my memory on how to use it, and decided to pick a resolution of 6000X3000 for my skydomes for the moment. My question at this point is:

Is it acceptable to use the skies from the various example Bryce scenes that came with Bryce or Bryce products, unchanged, in my own renders, just like I would with any of the Bryce sky library presets or other skydome products in the store? I'm assuming that would be fine, but since these example scenes weren't saved in the Bryce sky library, I just wanted to make sure that wasn't considered an exception in some way I don't see and wasn't stepping on anybody's toes. I think there were some free example scenes from a Christmas forum thread a long time ago too mixed in there, same question.

Post edited by sriesch on

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,170
    edited December 1969

@Sean Riesch - you can use the products freely in your artwork, also commercial, using whatever program you like. What you must not do is make the products used in your artwork available to others. If you share a source file, make sure the resources are not included. Printing and selling your artwork using commercial products is fine, whether 3D prints may be sold or not is currently evaluated by DAZ 3D.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

Thanks! I figured it was fine, but just wanted to double-check.