GeoBra - Geometry Shell Bra for G3/G8/G8.1

chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,765
edited April 2021 in Freebies

Introducing the GeoBra for G3F, G8F & G8.1F, a bra so comfortable it's like a second skin! No wires, buckles, hooks or clips, in fact no geometry of its own at all.

This product uses Daz Studio's Geometry Shell feature to create a bra that can be safely worn under other clothes without requiring many resources or causing poke-through. It is intended to be used under sheer or semi-sheer tops to preserve your model's modesty.

The bra is available in two styles (lacy and plain) in both 1K and 4K resolutions, and in three colors - but you can set it to whatever color you like by changing the diffuse. Both Iray and 3Delight versions are included.

If you're looking for a bra to be worn on its own, as outerwear, this product is not for you. There are a ton of suitable products in the shop, and freebies by (amongst others) Wilmap and Beat578 that autofit nicely to more recent generations. But if your model is wearing a garment over her bra, you can get problems with poke-through if the bra has geometry of its own. This product is for that situation - it essentially paints a bra shape onto the model's skin, so it can be seen through a thin top, but doesn't actually poke through.

Here's an example of it in use:

And now in creepy Man-O-Vision:

Here's one of the icon files to give you a better view of the front. I hope the strapping looks plausible, such garments really aren't my area of expertise!

You can download it here: https://sharecg.com/v/97449/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/GeoBra

Promo Credits

White Top

Red Top

Post edited by chris-2599934 on

Comments

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,209

Oh wow it looks great, thank you, downloading now and rated.

• Silver DolphinSilver Dolphin Posts: 1,586

Nice, thank you very much!

• perlkperlk Posts: 840

This is great - I totally need this! Thank you!

• perlkperlk Posts: 840
    edited April 2021

Super quick render to show how this is really useful!

aiisha.png
    910 x 1183 - 2M
    Post edited by perlk on
  • Excellent !!

• Question - Is there a tutorial for making/using geoshell? Found some for making whole skins, but clothing I can't find.

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,765

I didn't follow any particular tutorials, but a google search returns 300,000 hits so there should be something suitable out there.

It's not really all that complicated. When you select an object and create a geometry shell, it creates a "shell" around the selected object with the same geometry and surfaces. What I did to make these bras is apply an opacity map so that you only see a bra-shaped part of the shell. I drew the map in a graphics program (Paint Shop Pro) with the help of mCasual's mcjTailorsChalk script.

• JansillaJansilla Posts: 36

Tremendous idea, nicely executed! I can see this will be a useful addition to my library. Thank you for sharing.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,743

Very nice, thank you!

• WizzardWizzard Posts: 36

Thankye muchly!  Works really well, and aside from an error on my part, (producing an intrigueing vanishing torso) well done. there's just enough "lift" so it doesn't look paintrd on.

Now to figure out how to do a pair of panties......

8 )

Cheers

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,765
    edited September 2021

Wizzard said:

Thankye muchly!  Works really well, and aside from an error on my part, (producing an intrigueing vanishing torso) well done. there's just enough "lift" so it doesn't look paintrd on.

Now to figure out how to do a pair of panties......

Only just noticed this post. Any "lift" you might get it coming solely from the shape of the underlying model, because the GeoBra really is effectively painted on. It's just that the genesis figures are intended (perhaps optimistically) to be used clothed, so out of the box they're shaped as if wearing underwear.

It would be quite possible to make a pair of panties using the same technique. I didn't bother, because in my experience ladies don't usually wear sheer or semi-sheer skirts and pants, but maybe I'm just not mixing with the right ladies?

Post edited by chris-2599934 on
  • "It would be quite possible to make a pair of panties using the same technique. I didn't bother, because in my experience ladies don't usually wear sheer or semi-sheer skirts and pants, but maybe I'm just not mixing with the right ladies?"

Some women wear very short skirts and dresses or pose in a "compromising" manner, so a bra/panty combo would be quite useful.

• ChumlyChumly Posts: 793

Somebody will be looking for this!