Why not a bridge to Omniverse ?

Daz Studio already needs Nvidia GPU to render with Iray. A bridge to Omniverse (only in free beta version for the moment) could be nice, mainly for realtime rendering. What do you think about ?

Comments

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822
    edited April 2021
    Considering the current bridges aren't finished yet, I'd rather they not spread themselves thin making a bridge to a beta project which will probably change before it goes gold, thus making the bridge useless.
    Post edited by margrave on
  • PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

On github there is the SDK for all of the bridges, so with the right skills it should be possible?

• eaea Posts: 48

margrave said:

Considering the current bridges aren't finished yet, I'd rather they not spread themselves thin making a bridge to a beta project which will probably change before it goes gold, thus making the bridge useless. 

Some bridges are finished (3DSmax, Maya, Rhino, UE, Archicad, Character creator and soon Blender, etc...) The only thing who can make wait is how expensive the final version will be (Maybe we can hope that it will be free for hobbyists) and other limit : it needs a strong GPU.

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

ea said:

margrave said:

Some bridges are finished (3DSmax, Maya, Rhino, UE, Archicad, Character creator and soon Blender, etc...) The only thing who can make wait is how expensive the final version will be (Maybe we can hope that it will be free for hobbyists) and other limit : it needs a strong GPU.

The Blender bridge--the only one I've used--is not finished by a long shot. 

• eaea Posts: 48

Of course there is no available connector for Blender yet