BigFishGames and DAZ

naomi_1c4ec4b797naomi_1c4ec4b797 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I belong to a site called BigFishGames.com. They carry pretty much every kind of game imaginable. Anyway, in the past I've run into a a few games there where Daz figures were used in the game. To be honest, most of the time they weren't worth the effort to download and try out the demo. They were clunky, old fashioned and poorly conceived.

I am happy to report this time it is different! They came out with a game called "Eternal Journey: New Atlantis Collector's Edition " It is a SciFi based game that is a hidden object/adventure style game with lots of puzzles to solve. The Daz figures are well integrated into the game and it is a delight to play. I haven't even finished it yet, but just had to share how pleased I am to see this come to pass.

Naomi

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,832
    edited December 1969

Hope they bought a game license!:ohh:

• naomi_1c4ec4b797naomi_1c4ec4b797 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

barbult said:

BigFishGames is a BIG company. I doubt very much that they make mistakes like that. They've been around for quite awhile and for anyone who enjoys playing games on their computer -- be it solitaire or arcade or adventure -- whatever -- they are the first place I would look to.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719
    edited December 1969

barbult said:

was thinking the same thing, LOL. I keep seeing way to many that think DAZ exists for their gaming development needs, which isn't the case without a special license.

i checked out the site and the game trailer. Looks fairly professional and polished..

• naomi_1c4ec4b797naomi_1c4ec4b797 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The actual company who created the game is Alawar (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alawar_Entertainment) You can read about them there. Although BigFishGames does develop some of the games in house, they are also like Daz, in that they broker games for other people (like Daz brokers products).

Alawar has also been around awhile and created many games, so I imagine they too, know their way around the block.

Naomi

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Just as a FYI anyone can can use Renders and Animations in a game without a Liscene. The only time you need a Gamers linscene is if you include the Mesh in your game. So if you want to make a game based on images with animations you are free to do so.

• foleyprofoleypro Posts: 485
    edited December 1969

You can actually use any thing that you bought from DAZ as a sprite in game(Unless otherwise stipulated from the author of said Product...You really dont need the gameing license unless you are useing as a 3d model in game...

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

foleypro said:
    You can actually use any thing that you bought from DAZ as a sprite in game(Unless otherwise stipulated from the author of said Product...You really dont need the gameing license unless you are useing as a 3d model in game...

And just to clarify for people who don't know the terminology, sprite in this case means a rendered view of a model, not the model itself.