*** NEW BETA RELEASED-SEE POST AT/NEAR TOP OF STICKY POSTS ***

SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969
edited November 2014 in Carrara Discussion

Not easily noticed! But it's there. Thanks to Headwax for noticing!

I'll keep bumping this today as am working all afternoon and evening, in case people don't notice... I sure wouldn't have if I hadn't looked at the Future of Carrara thread.

:bug: SIlene

Post edited by SileneUK on

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086
    edited December 1969

Well, there is one thing that is very, very important to me. Thank you, programmers.

5) Fixed #CAR-104 - Fixed an issue with normals being flipped on objects that are duplicated with symmetry on export
  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969
    edited November 2014

BUMP! :-)

(although it's moved down a notch at the top)

Post edited by SileneUK on
  • edited December 1969

Since you must use the DAZ install manager nowadays. I simply load the program daily to receive updates /shrug
    And it's stickied and highlighted for anyone that hasn't clicked the link yet.

To each his own I guess...

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969
    edited December 1969

nfsrobey said:
    Since you must use the DAZ install manager nowadays. I simply load the program daily to receive updates /shrug
    And it's stickied and highlighted for anyone that hasn't clicked the link yet.

To each his own I guess...

Your post got me curious, so I stopped work, went to my desktop to click on DIM to see if it is there as an update.

Just so you know, you do not HAVE to use DIM. Ask Dartanbeck and some other veterans here who design their own custom directories.

ACK... DIM has disappeared again! This happened to me a couple of months ago.

I don't have time to work through that again and RL work is very demanding right now.

I do not know why this happens unless Microsoft updates killed it. It's the only thing that I did today. I had just bought something the day before yesterday so it was there and working then.

Bugger!

:( Silene

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,250
    edited November 2014

With this beta, you do need to use DIM - it's the only method available. Be sure to check the box: "Show Hidden Files" and then in another tab "Allow Public" or something like that.

EDIT:

Make sure you have "Display Hidden" checked
    Click the "Download Filters" button and make certain that "Public Build" is checked
    DIM_DL_Settings.jpg
    648 x 905 - 307K
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • edited December 1969

I wasn't trying to be, errrr... let's say annoying to put it nicely, lol. I was just going off what I had read. Regardless, best of luck to all and enjoy the beta!! I know I am :)

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,250
    edited December 1969

nfsrobey said:
    I wasn't trying to be, errrr... let's say annoying to put it nicely, lol. I was just going off what I had read. Regardless, best of luck to all and enjoy the beta!! I know I am :)
    I doubt anyone took it badly! ;)
    I just put that image up for those not sure how to make it show up in their DIM :)
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

There is a god!
    A week away from the forums and look what happens! (I must be away more often...) :-)

Fingers crossed that they'll get to my UV mapping issues, but I'll be downloading this one shortly. :-)