[Released] Beverly HD for Brooke 8.1 (Commercial)

2»

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,205

Mechasar said:

As some of you are demanding, here’s two test pictures about using Beverly shapes without the required Brooke 8.1 morphs. Beverly needs the same percentage of Brooke 8.1 morphs because Brooke 8.1 is the first layer of mass on which Beverly character has been designed. As you can see from these pictures Beverly Body with 0% of Brooke 8.1 Body morph is definitely an unnatural shape. Maybe you’ll still be able to use Beverly Head morph as a new head shape, but that’s not the Beverly face you are seeing in the promos.

Cross-posted the images to the Dial Them Out thread, thank you. I also love the character, but will hold off on picking her up until I've acquired Brooke.

• MechasarMechasar Posts: 181

Thank you all. I'm very glad you are enjoying this character.

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,311
    edited May 2021

THIS is what we were asking to see - how does Beverly 8.1 look without Brooke 8.1?  I don't own Brooke and I checked the shapes - this is PURE, 100% Beverly.  Personally, I like her better with Brooke, but this works too!  Next time Brooke is on sale (like, SERIOUS sale) I will pick her up solely for this character. Nice work Mechasar!

Super quick, low thought renders - just trying to show the character without Brooke.

Edit to addd: Note she has no eyebrows. Mechasar commented that Brooke's eyebrows are used, so no Brooke, no eyebrows.  Since Brooke is listed as 'required' and I don't own Brooke, I do not have any complaints about this, but be aware that you will have to provide some eyebrows for Beverly if you don't own Brooke.

Beverly_no_Brooke_01.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 205K
    Beverly_no_Brooke_02.jpg
    1200 x 1920 - 170K
    Beverly_no_Brooke_03.jpg
    1200 x 1920 - 162K
    Post edited by Gogger on
  • Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

Thanks @gogger for showing renders without Brook.  

edited May 2021

Again, not a lot of effort put in on this, but I dialed in EJ Ella (body only) at 100% along with Beverly at 100%.

Beverly_with_EJ_Ella_no_Brooke.jpg
    1200 x 1920 - 231K
    Post edited by Gogger on
  • JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760
    edited May 2021

Here's a render that made.  Didnt get to cook it as long as I would have liked, but the de-noiser did a pretty good job at less than 50% convergence.

Beverly002.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by JamesJAB on

Nice renders! I want to let you know that the eyebrows I used in my promos are Brooke's

Mechasar said:

Nice renders! I want to let you know that the eyebrows I used in my promos are Brooke's

Good to know. :)
  • pixelquackpixelquack Posts: 266

I'd buy in an instant at the standalone price, but need Brooke first, which I'm not interested in, so I'd have to buy a 45$ model I don't want, making Beverly a 63$ model at intro price.

"Beverly" is one of highest faved, but I'd wait for a real good sale for Brooke before I'd consider.

edited May 2021

Here's another.

Beverly003a.png
    1500 x 2000 - 3M
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,890

Beverly with a different skin and tweaks:

• RenderScot3DRenderScot3D Posts: 167

I'm obviously happy you're enjoying my new character but... let me say I'm even happier now because I know you're appreciating THIS body shape, and sounds like you really know how to use it in your artworks! That's great!

edited May 2021

Beverly chilling on the couch watching TV.

Beverly005.png
    1500 x 2000 - 6M
  • RenderScot3DRenderScot3D Posts: 167

Mechasar said:

I'm obviously happy you're enjoying my new character but... let me say I'm even happier now because I know you're appreciating THIS body shape, and sounds like you really know how to use it in your artworks! That's great!

yer indeedy  love love her    heres another from me   large and in charge Divalishious 

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,354
    edited May 2021

I initially felt Beverly was a bit too stylised for my tastes, but after seeing Oso's render with a different skin type (and a bit of nose morphing to match), I was convinced to get her so I could do the same. A quick test to start, but it might help convince others that Beverly has a versatile shape:

Post edited by Chohole on
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Matt_Castle said:

I initially felt Beverly was a bit too stylised for my tastes, but after seeing Oso's render with a different skin type (and a bit of nose morphing to match), I was convinced to get her so I could do the same. A quick test to start, but it might help convince others that Beverly has a versatile shape:

Very nice Matt Castle! I really like this.

• watchdog79watchdog79 Posts: 1,026

Beverly is perfect as a source for dialing curvier characters. Even if one finds Beverly a bit too curvy "as is", but prefers characters of less than the ideal fashion model proportions, she is still a great addition to one's library of body and face dials.

I made a scene with a kitbashed character, using 60% Beverly's body and 100% of her face on Genesis 8.1 Female. I didn't use either Brooke or Beverly as base. She may not immediately be recognizable as based on Beverly, but she wouldn't have existed without the dials. I really like the resulting curvy shapes, and I think I am going to keep Bonnie Blossom here as a character for my Steampunk world. Thank you very much for creating Beverly.heart

Make-up is partially from Lanna for Genesis 8 Female (eyes). Something went wrong with the original Beverly eyebrows (I probably screwed up somehow when testing various make-up options from different products) so I used new ones instead from a dedicated set.

Oh! Hello, handsome, you startled me.

Gallery link with a list of products used: https://www.daz3d.com/gallery#gallery=newest&page=1&image=1146667

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,890

And another riff on Beverly. Beverly skin with a minor transmitted color tweak (slightly more pale and yellow), and some facial tweaks.

edited May 2021

Oso3D said:

And another riff on Beverly. Beverly skin with a minor transmitted color tweak (slightly more pale and yellow), and some facial tweaks.

NICELY done @Oso3D!  

Post edited by Gogger on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,786

Matt_Castle said:

Wow. That smile!

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,869
    edited July 2021

Finally got Beverly - what a creation. Just wonder, where are her eyebrows?

Beverly01sc02pic04.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 345K
    Beverly02pic01.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 325K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited July 2021
    Beverly03pic04.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 513K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited July 2021

Beverly once again...

Beverly05pic03.jpg
    1000 x 1200 - 227K
    Post edited by Artini on

Artini said:

Finally got Beverly - what a creation. Just wonder, where are her eyebrows?

You got the eyebrows in your library :) As I've already mentioned, the eyebrows I used in the promos are Brooke's.

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,068

I really like Beverly. She reminds me of Hilda the classic full-figured pin-up girl. I have a couple complaints though. Her skin is a bit too orange for my taste and the hands seem to be noticably lighter than they rest of her. Also, they are extra wrinkled, as if she just washed a load of dishes by hand.

Otherwise, here is my contribution:

• lou_harper said:

I really like Beverly. She reminds me of Hilda the classic full-figured pin-up girl. I have a couple complaints though. Her skin is a bit too orange for my taste and the hands seem to be noticably lighter than they rest of her. Also, they are extra wrinkled, as if she just washed a load of dishes by hand.

Otherwise, here is my contribution:

Lovely composition. Unfortunately or luckily (it depends on your point of view) Iray materials are strongly related to the environment lights, as you can also see from the users' renders. If your character's skin has an excessive warm tone, you can try to add a cold color in the 'Render Settings/Environment/Environment Tint' box. About the hand wrinkles, my suggestion is to lower the normal map values, because the 4 levels of HD details will allow you to maintain a good result and, at the same time, Daz Studio will provide to smooth the character's polygons automatically.