Hair not showing up in render

fazzio349fazzio349 Posts: 10
edited April 2021 in New Users

Hello! I searched around for this and couldn't find an answer. I'm hoping one of you experts out there can help me.

I'm using the Makenna hairstyle on my G8 character. In the texture shaded mode, I see the strands showing up. But neither in Iray preview or when I actually render the image does the hair show up. I tried deleting and starting over with no success. The hair isn't hidden. I've had similiar issues with the Togatta hair as well. Any reason this would happen?

Edit: I solved my own problem. :D Apparently when the mesh grabber tool is still selected, the hair disappears. Who would have known?

Untitled-1.jpg
1011 x 500 - 73K
Post edited by fazzio349 on

Comments

• Thank you for editing to add your resolution! This problem has been dogging me for weeks with the Togatta Hair. Always somehow seemed to "solve itself" eventually... and now I know why.

• Yeah mesh grabber mode does does some weird things, so does geometry editor mode.

• I am loading Togatta Hair for G8F and I have made sure that Mesh grabber is not selected.

I am having the same problem but with the G8.1F and getting popup of saying that it is unsupported
    and it then puts the skullcap outside the partent window for the G8.1F as its own parent.

I have attached the screenshot of both the G8.1F selected and then when loading it I get the popup

image_2022_01_18T01_40_51_551Z.png
    918 x 593 - 515K
    image_2022_01_18T01_41_17_711Z.png
    558 x 234 - 43K
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,563

The hair was made for GF9, not GF8.1.

try this, make sure nothing is selected in the scene and then load the hair. Go to the little bars at the upper right of the pane and change the scene identifier from the default genesis female 8 to genesis female 8.1. Now right click the hair and fit to like any other hair. If it still doesn't fit as it should, try going into properties and changing the following to auto.

• dForce Hel Hair for Genesis 8.1 Female is not showing after render. Any solution? please help...

before render.png
    1366 x 768 - 707K
    after render.png
    1366 x 768 - 435K
  • Thank you, I was searching... But finally found the answer here !! :-)

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,156

sadcat2cdr said:

dForce Hel Hair for Genesis 8.1 Female is not showing after render. Any solution? please help...

Iray preview is not a render.