Lydia HD for Victoria 7 Remake for Genesis 8.1

I would just like to request a remake of Lydia HD for Genesis 8.1. I think Lydia is one of the best characters around IMO, and it would be great to see her utilize the features of Genesis 8.1. Currently, loading her textures on G8 or G8.1 causes texture issues on her right arm.

Lydia HD for Victoria 7
https://www.daz3d.com/lydia-hd-for-victoria-7

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932
    edited April 2021

Richard John S said:

Currently, loading her textures on G8 or G8.1 causes texture issues on her right arm.

Lydia uses V7 UVs, not G3F base UVs, which is why the texture won't work properly on G8F.

This product will give you V7 UVs for G8F: https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-character-uvs-for-genesis-8-female

Another option is to use Map Transfer to create a version of her textures using G3F base UVs, which should then work on G8F. There's a tutorial here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/184696/tutorial-from-map-transfer-to-material-presets/p1

Post edited by Leana on
  • Well, the RiverSoft character convertor pointed to by watchdog79 worked in converting V7 (including textures) to G8F for me, so I suspect it'd do the same for Lydia if she uses V7 UV's. As it happens Lydia is in my wishlist, and has been for a while.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932

richardandtracy said:

Well, the RiverSoft character convertor pointed to by watchdog79 worked in converting V7 (including textures) to G8F for me, so I suspect it'd do the same for Lydia if she uses V7 UV's. As it happens Lydia is in my wishlist, and has been for a while.

The character converter promo pics specify that the transfered materials may have problems with textures not using the base G3F UVs, though.

• watchdog79watchdog79 Posts: 1,026

Leana said:

richardandtracy said:

Well, the RiverSoft character convertor pointed to by watchdog79 worked in converting V7 (including textures) to G8F for me, so I suspect it'd do the same for Lydia if she uses V7 UV's. As it happens Lydia is in my wishlist, and has been for a while.

The character converter promo pics specify that the transfered materials may have problems with textures not using the base G3F UVs, though.

Lydia product page says:

• This product uses the Victoria 7 UV Maps"

If it worked on Victoria 7, it may work for Lydia, then? 

• Richard John SRichard John S Posts: 389
    edited April 2021

The problem is definitely the V7 UV. When changing UV on V7 to Genesis base it gives me the exact same problem when trying to use the textures on GF 8 and GF 8.1. I looked at the arm textures, and the V7 textures are a little smaller. That's why the white outlines appear on the right arm. I'm not sure if these converters would work. I have a V4 to GF 8 converter, but when using it with GF 8.1, it causes errors. I think it would be best if the artist re-made Lydia for GF 8.1, or possibly someone making a V7 to GF 8.1 converter. Worst case scenario, edit the arm textures in Photoshop, but you would have to do that for the trans maps, bump maps, etc. It would be a lot of work.

Post edited by Richard John S on
  • watchdog79watchdog79 Posts: 1,026

Richard John S said:

The problem is definitely the V7 UV. When changing UV on V7 to Genesis base it gives me the exact same problem when trying to use the textures on GF 8 and GF 8.1. I looked at the arm textures, and the V7 textures are a little smaller. That's why the white outlines appear on the right arm. I'm not sure if these converters would work. I have a V4 to GF 8 converter, but when using it with GF 8.1, it causes errors. I think it would be best if the artist re-made Lydia for GF 8.1, or possibly someone making a V7 to GF 8.1 converter. Worst case scenario, edit the arm textures in Photoshop, but you would have to do that for the trans maps, bump maps, etc. It would be a lot of work.

If the converter is for GF 8, I would not rely on it working on GF 8.1. Perhaps a new GF 8 to GF 8.1 converter might sell like crazy. I hope one of the converter creators will consider it.

• watchdog79 said:

Leana said:

richardandtracy said:

Lydia product page says:

• This product uses the Victoria 7 UV Maps"

If it worked on Victoria 7, it may work for Lydia, then? 

One would definitely hope so. Might be worth getting, trying and returning if it doesn't work.

Regards,

Richard 

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,093

I use Lydia's skin on G8F all the time, but I use the RedzStudio UV product Leana linked to. You don't need to be fiddling with manually replacing the converted maps one by one.

Not exactly the same but Evelyn and Lynn HD by Maelwenn has a similar skin like Lydia HD. It uses the G3F/G8F Base Female UVs.

• Richard John SRichard John S Posts: 389
    edited April 2021

MimicMolly said:

I use Lydia's skin on G8F all the time, but I use the RedzStudio UV product Leana linked to. You don't need to be fiddling with manually replacing the converted maps one by one.

Not exactly the same but Evelyn and Lynn HD by Maelwenn has a similar skin like Lydia HD. It uses the G3F/G8F Base Female UVs.

Thanks, I was checking that out, but do you know if it will work with GF 8.1? I am looking to get the textures on GF 8.1. The tutorial on the other link looks quite complex.

EDIT:
    I bought the Genesis 3 Character UVs product, and it does work with GF 8.1. Lydia works on GF 8.1 now! Thanks for the information guys. Thanks, @Leana, for providing those links.

Post edited by Richard John S on