Looking for geografting tutorials

KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hello

I've found some Youtube tutorials on geograting but I wonder if anybody can suggest a good non-video tutorial about this subject.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

This one here is on geografting:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/24555/

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

I found Blondies one in the store really useful but I have heard that some of the process has since changed...

• Hiro ProtagonistHiro Protagonist Posts: 699
    edited November 2014

Pendraia said:

I found Blondies one in the store really useful but I have heard that some of the process has since changed...

I don't know that anything has changed since I did my tutorial. I haven't created any Geo-Grafts for quite a while, but from the thread it appears other people have quite recently, and the method still seems to work (not sure what the last post regarding fitting to source figure is about yet, and whether this indicates a change or a misunderstanding).

I will try and go through the process again using a G2 figure in the current Studio 4.6 and see how it stands up.

Oh and by the way, SickleYield's new Strands of Horror uses GG and may be able to comment if she is listening :)

Post edited by Hiro Protagonist on
    edited December 1969

I don't know that anything has changed since I did my tutorial. I haven't created any Geo-Grafts for quite a while, but from the thread it appears other people have quite recently, and the method still seems to work (not sure what the last post regarding fitting to source figure is about yet, and whether this indicates a change or a misunderstanding).

I haven't personally attempted any geografting in a while maybe I'm getting confused with her rigging tutorials. I know that someone has recently posted that the process has changed for one of the tutorials. It's possible that I have them confused.
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:

I haven't personally attempted any geografting in a while maybe I'm getting confused with her rigging tutorials. I know that someone has recently posted that the process has changed for one of the tutorials. It's possible that I have them confused.
    You may not have confused them, Pendraia, as an apparent change was discussed on the tutorial thread and Blondie responds. See this post and Blondie's a few posts later. DrHemulen has done quite a thorough investigation, which is very helpful. (I missed this at the time as it seems I had lost touch with the thread at that point.)
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:

You may not have confused them, Pendraia, as an apparent change was discussed on the tutorial thread and Blondie responds. See this post and Blondie's a few posts later. DrHemulen has done quite a thorough investigation, which is very helpful. (I missed this at the time as it seems I had lost touch with the thread at that point.)Aaah....thanks for the link!
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    Pendraia said:

You may not have confused them, Pendraia, as an apparent change was discussed on the tutorial thread and Blondie responds. See this post and Blondie's a few posts later. DrHemulen has done quite a thorough investigation, which is very helpful. (I missed this at the time as it seems I had lost touch with the thread at that point.)Aaah....thanks for the link!
    You're welcome. I did get round to testing the method using G2 in Studio 4.7. It still works. I posted the result on the tutorial thread.
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    Pendraia said:

You may not have confused them, Pendraia, as an apparent change was discussed on the tutorial thread and Blondie responds. See this post and Blondie's a few posts later. DrHemulen has done quite a thorough investigation, which is very helpful. (I missed this at the time as it seems I had lost touch with the thread at that point.)
    Aaah....thanks for the link!
    You're welcome. I did get round to testing the method using G2 in Studio 4.7. It still works. I posted the result on the tutorial thread.

Yes...I saw your post in the other thread. I was actually subscribed to that at one time but stopped getting notifications for some reason.