Moved Content Folders - Blank Icons in the Smart Content Pane

Stryder87Stryder87 Posts: 899
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi

I'm new to DAZ 3D and needed to move the content that I downloaded to a different hard drive as the primary drive was nearly full. I went through the settings in the DAZ Install Manager to point to the new location on a different hard drive, as well as the Content Directory Manager inside DAZ. I went through the registry and found it hadn't made some of the changes in there so I fixed them (ContentDir0 & ContentDir1 entries in both HLCU and HKLM). I also deleted the contents of Manifest Files to force the Download manager to redownload all content into the new location.

The problem I'm having is that the vast majority of the content is not working on the left Smart Content pane. Only the few items I downloaded that were new when I did the full content redownload show up. Everything else is blank with the yellow edging. When I try to load something, it pops up saying the item does not exist in the original folder location that I had changed. I can't find any other area in the registry, in the Install Manager or in DAZ itself. Using the right-side Content Library tab does work to a degree. I'm able to see everything, browse and drag items onto the workspace from the entries listed that match the folders I created, but the items in the 'Products' and 'Categories' folders don't work. I'd much rather use the Smart Content pane to browse and select items.

Any ideas on what I may have missed? Perhaps I'll need to uninstall everything and start from scratch, changing the folder locations before I download all my purchased content. I need the content (both the downloaded files and the expanded/installed/usable) on a different drive from the program itself as content chews through the hard drive space pretty quick.

Thanks for the help!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,373
    edited December 1969

Find one of the misplaced items in the Products list in the Content Library pane, right-click on it and choose Update base path(s), in the dialogue set it to update all items and pick the correct path then click Accept. That should update the CMS.

• Stryder87Stryder87 Posts: 899
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the reply.
    I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or it's just not available, but, as you can see in the attached screenshot, I choose Aiko since all her actions are missing, and right-clicking on her doesn't give me the option to update her files. Am I missing something?

Update.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 203K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,373
    edited December 1969

There should be a Products top level heading, below the three ... Formats headings - you want an affected item from there.

edited November 2014

Ok, I figured out what you meant, but it won't let me select multiple files. I'm having to do them one at a time, which means I'll have to do, possibly, hundreds of files manually. It doesn't give an error or anything when i try to do multiples, it just doesn't take the change. Painful...

It has the option of 'Preferred database' which has four listed, the two original, plus the two new ones. I wonder if there's a way to strip the two old ones out so it forces it to use only the new ones. maybe it's in an .ini file I missed....

Post edited by Stryder87 on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Select one, and there should be an option to apply the change to all items with the old base path.

edit_base_path.png
    617 x 199 - 23K
    edited December 1969

Yup... here are my options...

Like I edited my response above, it won't lock it in.

Paths.jpg
    616 x 188 - 16K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Do you have custom categories/metadata/tags, or just the metadata that comes with the products? If the latter, or if you Exported User Data before the move, then you can use "Content DB Maintenance > Reset Database", then "Content DB Maintenance > Re-Import Metadata" to fix it.

edited December 1969

I've tried doing the Re-Import Metadata, but that didn't do anything. I'll try the Reset Database. Hopefully that will clear out the stuck original database path.
    Thanks!

if this doesn't work, I suppose I can just back up 'My Library' and uninstall DAZ and wipe out everything and reinstall it, making the database changes before I download any content. Of course, I'd rather not have to do that! haha

edited December 1969

Well success! I reset the database and the two old folders on the right pane disappeared and everything on the left side disappeared. I reimported the database and the folders came back, but they were empty and there was nothing on the left. I highlighted the 'Products' folder on the right 'Content Library' tab and reimported the Metadata again, and the entire left pane populated. Bonus: it appears to be working properly now!

Many thanks for the assistance!! Back to creating!