V4 ---> V3? Doable?

MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Is there any way to convert a V4 texture to V3? Any chance they have the same UV Mapping?

-MJ

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

they do not. you don't wanna use V4? there's a V4 to V3 option, so you can use V3 clothes on V4

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781
    edited December 1969

Mapping is entirely different. You need TC2 and the appropriate plugins to convert. Or maybe get a V4 figure with V3 remapping -- I remember there used to be some M4s remapped to take M3 skins for sale, I bought one a couple years back over at Content Paradise. Try the Rendo forums too, there used to be a few threads on remapped figures there, along with some freebies. Not sure if any were V4 to V3 but it couldn't hurt to check.

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
    edited December 1969

I wasnt aware of that. So i assume its V4's head, with V3's body? I have a texture for V4, but a clothing option for V3. Can I marry the two?

-MJ

edited December 1969

Byrdie said:
    Mapping is entirely different. You need TC2 and the appropriate plugins to convert.

Was there ANY issues with the conversions with TC2? Are the conversions between the two flawless?

-MJ

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited November 2014

I am not at a computer with DS on this to check but if I recall the V4 base came with a V3 clone body that has V4 head for Gen3 clothing support I think. I know the Gen3 characters had one for Gen2 support. I dont recall what maps they took though

MJ007 said:
    Byrdie said:
    Mapping is entirely different. You need TC2 and the appropriate plugins to convert.

Was there ANY issues with the conversions with TC2? Are the conversions between the two flawless?

-MJ

Its not perfect. There may visable seams

Post edited by Mattymanx on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

MJ007 said:
    I wasnt aware of that. So i assume its V4's head, with V3's body? I have a texture for V4, but a clothing option for V3. Can I marry the two?

-MJ

Yes, that is the way it is meant to be used. You can morph the head but not the body, which is just standard V3, so that V3 clothes can be used..

edited November 2014

chohole said:
    MJ007 said:

-MJ

Yes, that is the way it is meant to be used. You can morph the head but not the body, which is just standard V3, so that V3 clothes can be used..
    But can i apply a texture for V4 to it? Both head and body?

-MJ

Post edited by MJ007 on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2014

MJ007 said:
    chohole said:
    MJ007 said:

-MJ

-MJ

Yes afaik can't test it, for some reason my version is not working, has some files missing.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

MJ007 said:
    chohole said:
    MJ007 said:

-MJ

-MJ

Yes, it takes V4 textures, head and body. Make sure you run the DzCreateExPFiles-V4toV3.bat, as that doesn't get run automatically when you install V4.

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited November 2014

I've used TC2 but mostly V3 to V4 conversion, not otherwise. It may stretch complex textures (such as full-body tattoo/patterns) but I haven't noticed any significant seam issues (but again, my characters are mostly clothed).
    As for comfort of use it is pretty straightforward, the only thing is that if you need to convert bump/displacement/specularity maps, you may need to do it manually and manually apply them to the character afterwards.
    Otherwise I didn't have much grief with TC2

Post edited by Kattey on
  • KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

If you have a specific texture in mind (and I have it too) I can convert it to V3 and show some renders.

edited November 2014

Kattey said:
    If you have a specific texture in mind (and I have it too) I can convert it to V3 and show some renders.

This sounds like it may not be necessary if I am understanding this correctly. So again, just to be clear...

I can purchase this texture for V4:
    http://rendercandy.com/product_info.php/cPath/21_26_30/products_id/97
    for the alien skin (link to alien skin is toward the bottom of that page)

However, I want the figure to wear this outfit for V3:
    http://www.daz3d.com/liquid-halo-on-sky-16

I can accomplish without issue by using the V4-To-V3 figure simple and plain and apply both the V4 texture to this figure, along with fitting the V3 outfit to the same figure without any issues.

Am i correct in all of this? Therefore, I dont have to worry about converting the texture (or clothing) at all? This sounds very odd to me, as it sounds like V4's head on V3's body, which mean i would need textures for the two different UV maps(1 for V4's head, another for V3's body), but if you guys say it will work I will take your word for it and go ahead and purchase the texture; I already own the outfit.

-MJ

Post edited by MJ007 on
    edited December 1969

Yes, it takes V4 textures, head and body. Make sure you run the DzCreateExPFiles-V4toV3.bat, as that doesn't get run automatically when you install V4.

Can you tell me what exactly does running this do?

-MJ

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

MJ007 said:

Can you tell me what exactly does running this do?

-MJ

It lets you use the V4 head morphs on the V4toV3 figure.

edited December 1969

Ok... more questions.

I can only find a Victoria 4.2 EZ figure. No V4-To-V3 figure.

I could not locate a DzCreateExPFiles-V4toV3.bat file, but did locate a DzCreateExPFiles-V4toV3.command and a DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat file. The latter asked me where to expand the files. How should I respond to that if that is in fact the correct file to run.

-MJ

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,373
    edited December 1969

V4 to V3 was in the Morphs++ set, not the base, as I recall.

edited December 1969

Perfect!!! You guys rock! Yes Rich, the V4-to-V3 figure was in the Morphs++ package. Downloaded a free texture from the same site as mentioned above and tried it out on the V4-To-V3 figure along with the set I mentioned and it works fine!

Absolutely FABULOUS!!! Thanks Everybody!

-MJ

V4-To-V3-w-LiquidHaloForV3.jpg
    1243 x 924 - 130K
  • ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781
    edited December 1969

Looks good. I sure wish they'd done an M4 to M3 figure too. Some good M3 outfits I'd like to use but they don't always convert to my liking no matter what I use.