Content Manager

Marmalade BoyMarmalade Boy Posts: 103

Hi all,

I have spent some time reading all the issues with smart content and only part of my issues were listed. I managed to find fixes but I am still having trouble with unassigned items. I foolishly installed the Daz Studio 4.7 (should have kept 4.6) and when I opened it, my smart content tab was empty. Thanks to some post on here, I was able to re-import the metadata. Unfortunately, some items that I had created and rigged are not showing up. I can't even find them in the content library.

The scenes that I saved in 4.6 were showing up in smart content under unassigned; they are not showing up in 4.7. They will only show up if I re-save them. I tried categorizing them as scenes but the will not show up as such. Additionally if I select them all in the content library and click on show is smart content files, they appear but when I leave the smart content tab, they disappear as if they were never there. I even tried categorizing them in the smart content tab as unassigned scene but that option is grayed out.

To wrap up, the stuff I made is not showing up (poses, lights, props, cloths, morphs etc.) but the items I purchased are.
Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,374
    edited December 1969

Presumably you installed PostgreSQL along with DS4.7, and either didn't run the conversion tool or ran it but it failed (as may happen if the Valentina database was on the point of corruption). What you can try is uninstalling PostgreSQL, with DS closed, so that DS will revert to Valentina, then start DS and go to the Content Library pane, click the lined button in the top corner to open the option menu, click Content DB Maintenance, and in the dialogue choose Export User Data, then click Accept. Close DS, reinstall PostgreSQL, launch DS, open the Content DB Maintenance dialogue again and this time choose re-import Metadata, making sure you check User Data in the dialogue asking what you want to import. Note that you will probably lose any customisations you'd made in PostgreSQL this way.

• Marmalade BoyMarmalade Boy Posts: 103
    edited November 2014

Hi Richard, thanks for the reply. When you say conversion tool, what exactly do you mean?
    Perhaps this is the step I am missing; I don't recall running a conversion tool. Can you advise as to where it's located? I did as you suggested below but unfortunately it did not work.

My log find has both of these...this is after I uninstalled postgreSQL via DIM.

Connected to CMS: PostgreSQL 9.3.4
    Connected to CMS: 4.8

Post edited by Marmalade Boy on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

In addition to PostgreSQL CMS, DIM should also have an item called "PostgreSQL CMS from Valentina CMS Conversion" -- after installing PostgreSQL CMS, running that reads the Valentina database and puts that information in the PostgreSQL database. It normally takes a while, so if it only takes a second to install, the Valentina database was probably at least partially corrupt. Re-importing metadata will get the data from the Runtime\Support files (the ones installed as part of products, plus your User Data if you had Exported User Data before installing PostgreSQL CMS).