Carrara Tips Tricks and Tutorials site

mschackmschack Posts: 337
edited April 2021 in Carrara Discussion

I have created a website to collate Carrara knowledge (http://carrara.wikidot.com/).  This is a bit of an experiment now, so I am using the 'free version' just to see how things go.

My main motivation was the fact that a lot of stuff gets buried in posts.  I plan to make the site very basic with some drop down lists organizing different categories.

My original concept was to actually transfer tutorials from here and put the actual content on the site, though the free version gives only 300M which is quite a lot, but, I began to think of the ridiculous amount of work that would be. BTW I shall always seek your permission to use/link to your content.

Due to limitation of resources and time I decided for now just to link to tutorials etc from this forum, or youtube or wherever you know stuff exists.

The free version only allows up to five 'members' that can edit posts etc. so for now I will take it upon myself to do the updating.  Perhaps one day if all goes well I can apply to be a 'community server' which is free and has unlimited members and storage then you could all eventually become members and add your own content at will (I think lol).  You would then require some HTML programming knowledge but I am making it very basic. (I believe there are adds, but i guess they have to pay the bills somehow)

So if you would like me to link to a certain post you have in this forum that you think is valuable Tip Trick or Tutorial, just submit it here and I will add it to the site.

Just supply a short description of what it is and supply the link and I will do the rest.

Any comments also welcome.

Post edited by mschack on

Comments