post games you have made yourself

RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
edited May 2021 in Unreal Discussion

as this the daz/unreal forum and unreal 4 is at first a game engine  (this may change),

are there people here who have work in progress (games) with daz assets used  to share ?

i am thinking about a playable exe file to download

Post edited by Ruphuss on

Comments

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390

Ruphuss said:

as this the daz/unreal forum and unreal 4 is at first a game engine  (this may change),

are there people here who have work in progress (games) with daz assets used  to share ?

i am thinking about a playable exe file to download

well i was working in a old school hack& slash game using daz characters

here some images

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5949771/#Comment_5949771, however due to my still lack of knowledge and stll a lot of work i've ended doind a pause while still learning a little more about some stuffs and buying more "stuffs" before can go back and also trying to go back to my original dream game which is a sort of life simulation, i'm almost had grabed all the "basic tools" i need to start to work it, just need few more stuffs from epic store to be able to work on it, also need to learn how to work in a top down controllers game which is really different from a third person, it's much more complicated than what i'm used to do. 

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

maybe make a short walking sim in first person mode

then you can see if there are packaging probs

and we can see how it looks like in your game

edited June 2021

this is a little very short game i made

deleted because of no reaction

Post edited by Ruphuss on
  • Some of the best Games i have played where build with the Unreal Engine, for example the Crysis Series

not cry engine ?

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390

well maybe is a little too early for most peoples since still something new for many peoples to use daz stuffs to make games, then most of the peoples are still on the "really early stages to show something, i'm still working in my new project i'm still a lot early on it waiting to buy some more stuffs on unreal market and taking advantage of the huge licenses sales to buy some licenses for my projects, i need at last this product

https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/en-US/product/acd28f8003b14cf7814eb5ef0aefcd41

which really looks awesome, some few more animations and i can start to prototype my game.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,527

It is not that easy. One need to be really dedicated, interested in and have certain skills.

Maybe today's release will help someone:

https://www.daz3d.com/environment-pack-for-unreal-engine

Congrats to Andrey Pestryakov for being the first in the game.

• I'm part of a large development group converting Urban Terror from idtech3 to Unreal 4 and our team is making use of Daz Studio and Genesis 3 as a logical replacement for the base Epic rig as part of our character development and framework pipeline.

We do have a playable version in closed alpha testing and there is a fair number of videos on Youtube

• Every time I try to make something, I end up finding a part of the pipeline that's annoying me and end up spending time writing or improving plugins instead :P