a brother for Ktarya

i adore this set.  the detail, the clothes, the hair, the little horns.
would like to render a whole species based on her, children, elderly, babies
a little color variety, like the avatar blue people.

how do you decide between using the g3 version or the g8?

https://www.daz3d.com/ktarya-bundle-for-genesis-3-and-genesis-8-female-s

thanks!!

Comments

• I like the outfit, but have a twinge about the character. Have attended enough safeguarding courses to be a bit nervous about the uses to which the character could be put. It looks young while having older features. I'll stop there. There is a lot similar said about many of Thorne's characters & I am unlikely to say anything new or that you don't already know.

As the base figures between G8 and G3 are so similar and as so many transfer scripts between the two generations exist, I'd have thought it would be personal choice that determines whether you use G8 or G3. Personally I prefer the way the bend & twist controls for the arm bones occur in all the arm bones on G8, but I could live with using only the G3 version. G8 has fewer polys, so should be lighter on the system for the same level of sub-D, which may be of importance wuth a heavy scene.

Beyond that... I tend to regard G3F as being almost as similar to G8F as G8.1 is.

To be honest, not a lot in it to help make a choice beyond personal preference.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

thanks.  good point, poly counts is important factor.

i've cast her as 2nd in command of a starship.  mebbe thats not so original, lol
    in the story she has a twin brother and they're telepatchically bonded.  its an important role.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,503
    edited April 2021

I missed answering the brother part of the question. Not intentional, sorry.

It struck me that given how andrognous and not too old looking August 8.1 is https://www.daz3d.com/august-81, it might be possible to use the August 'More Masculine' morph in combination with the Ktarya morph, ears and texture to make a male version. That would be a reason to use G8...

Regards,

Richard

Post edited by richardandtracy on