Zbrush - GoZ 4.7 Not working.

AngelAngel Posts: 1,204

My GoZ Stopped working completely, right after I updated to 4.7.0.12

I'm lost without my Zbrush :'(

This is not good... I may be forced to rollback...

Anyone else having this issue?

Post edited by Angel on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,061
    edited December 1969

It's working here - remember that you can have only one version installed, so if you have both the Public Beta and the production build the last one loaded will be the one that's active.

• AngelAngel Posts: 1,204
    edited December 1969

This is exactly what happens every time I GoZ from Zbrush

GOZ.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 277K
    edited November 2014

You see, all I was trying to do, was Zbrush the shirt so that it flows with the direction of the wind. The only way I was able to get the shirt back into the scene was to export it as an object file in Zbrush, then import it into the scene, translate it, scale it, rotate it and basically jimmy rig it back onto her torso... But... in the process I lost my UV map. Which isn't TOO big of a deal on the shirt, but I still need to adjust the hair and I can't lose the UV map on that... Also I still need to do the shorts in spots as well... So I really could use some help here. :(

Flower_Field.png
    500 x 500 - 519K
    Post edited by Angel on
    edited December 1969

I mean.. I could use deformers but.. I outgrew deformers a long time ago. hehe

edited December 1969

Well, I've no idea why you had the crash - it may be worth clearing out the ZBrush temp files in C:\Users\Public\Pixologic\GoZProjects\Default and trying again but if that doesn't help all I can suggest is opening a support ticket.

However, you should be able to load your changes as a morph, as long as you work in or at least revert to base resolution, if you make sure you use the same preset when exporting your OBJ and when importing the morph through Morph Loader Pro. The modo preset will match ZBrush's settings, though that isn't as important as being consistent.

edited December 1969

I tried re downloading GoZ and reinstalling it. Seemed to fix the issue, for now. Though, I'm having a hard to figuring out how to make the morphs have no limits.
    I clicked on the gear box, went to parameters and unchecked the "use limits" box, but it had no effect... O.o

edited December 1969

What figure are you morphing?

• fakedoctorfakedoctor Posts: 30
    edited December 1969

Mine doesn't work anymore either, for some reason. It doesn't crash - it just opens a totally new instance of Daz Studio when I try to send the morph back to what I'm working on in Studio. The end result is the same (an object that is all but useless without morphs, uv maps, bones, etc.). No amount of reinstalling or path double-checking has helped, though I haven't tried reinstalling Daz Studio yet.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,049
    edited December 2014

asd000 said:
    Mine doesn't work anymore either, for some reason. It doesn't crash - it just opens a totally new instance of Daz Studio when I try to send the morph back to what I'm working on in Studio. The end result is the same (an object that is all but useless without morphs, uv maps, bones, etc.). No amount of reinstalling or path double-checking has helped, though I haven't tried reinstalling Daz Studio yet.

I have this issue. Only re-installing Studio helps. New Go-Z install does nothing. Even then for me, it lasts for a day or two, then same issue, and I have to re-install studio again to get it working.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    asd000 said:

I have this issue. Only re-installing Studio helps. New Go-Z install does nothing. Even then for me, it lasts for a day or two, then same issue, and I have to re-install studio again to get it working.

I was afraid of that, heh. I don't mind reinstalling ZBrush or GoZ.. but reinstalling Studio can be kind of involved, what with the content library and the other plugins.

Have you been having this issue for a while, or just since 4.7?

edited December 2014

Well, seems I have had the issue with this version and the one before. But re-installing Studio is easy. Plugins and everything are still activated. I just do an app install. You already had 4.7, so a re-install should still have all plugins activated and assigned. Still, it is extremely annoying lol.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

I've had that in the past -generally resetting the path in Preferences>GoZ in ZBrush and/or clearing the GoZ project files fixes it.

edited December 1969

Hmm, I've done all except clear project files lol. I've tried Cache clearing and all that jazz. I shall attempt this new glimmer of hope shortly.

edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Well, seems I have had the issue with this version and the one before. But re-installing Studio is easy. Plugins and everything are still activated. I just do an app install. You already had 4.7, so a re-install should still have all plugins activated and assigned. Still, it is extremely annoying lol.

Sorry to hijack the thread a little, but how does this work? You just run the install executable again? Or does uninstalling Daz Studio really not uninstall the plugins?

edited December 2014

Yes, just run the exe again, it will ask ask you to uninstall previous version, just say yes. Only thing it uninstalls is the app, not the plugins. If this was the case, you would have to re-install all plugins with every update you do. It is why they all have their own uninstalls. The Daz exe does not affect those.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Yes, just run the exe again, it will ask ask you to uninstall previous version, just say yes. Only thing it uninstalls is the app, not the plugins. If this was the case, you would have to re-install all plugins with every update you do. It is why they all have their own uninstalls. The Daz exe does not affect those.

That worked like a charm. Thanks!

• 3D-GHDesign3D-GHDesign Posts: 678
    edited February 2015

another GoZ question....
    I just installed ZBrush 4R7 and GoZ is working fine, but always open the 32-bit version of the ZBrush. I tried to rename the Zbrush64 exe to ZBrush exe but in this case it was not worked as I thought maybe it will. I mean crashed :D

Are there any chance to point to ZBrush 64-bit version in DS? I uninstalled GoZ, reinstalled, but didn't ask about ZBrush path...I remember at once I found the place where are these files, but I lost it again :)

just a note..if I open ZBrush 64-bit, DS send to it well. But I would prefer to link them anyway

Post edited by 3D-GHDesign on
  • Cross22Cross22 Posts: 66
    edited December 1969

Are surface / material groups working for you guys?

When I take a DAZ model and send it to ZBrush 4r7 it ends up there without any subtools and without any polygroups, even though "Preferences->Import->Import Materials as Groups" is enabled. I remember in 4r6 it would create polygroups for materials..

edited December 1969

grubertm said:
    Are surface / material groups working for you guys?

When I take a DAZ model and send it to ZBrush 4r7 it ends up there without any subtools and without any polygroups, even though "Preferences->Import->Import Materials as Groups" is enabled. I remember in 4r6 it would create polygroups for materials..

GoZ doesn't send any kind of groups, so there's nothing for Brush to import. You could always make a feature request (Technical Support help ticket) to ask for an option to include groups and/or surfaces.

• Cross22Cross22 Posts: 66
    edited December 1969

:(
    Yeah, I just realized that. I thought I had it seen working with 4r6, but I guess I was going the "Export as OBJ" route in that case..

• edited April 2015

I had ZBrush 4.6 installed, then I installed ZBrush 4.7.
    GoZ worked great, transfer from DAZ to ZBrush and from ZBrush back to DAZ went fine.

Then I decided to un-install ZBrush 4.6.
    Afterwards, GoZ still loaded ZBrush (not sure which version... 32 or 64 bit), but when I tried to send the model back to DAZ, DAZ told me "The geometry has been uploaded" and that is was not possible to update. Instead it offered me to create a new model

I have experimented really much, and at one point (don't remember anymore what I did), it seemingly worked as expected, but when I clicked the "ZBrush" morph in DAZ, DAZ would tell me "What do I do?" (just the usual message when nothing was selected or) instead of showing the slider where I could use the morph.

After I downloaded DAZ GoZ and installed it, everything automagically worked fine again.
    And I really had to install this file http://www.daz3d.com/goz-for-daz-studio.
    Just installing the latest DAZ Studio did not help me.

Thanks!

Edit: Important note to myself: When the "What do I do?" message is shown, make sure that nothing is entered in the Search Field, else the ZBrush Morph slider will not appear.

Post edited by johann.hesters_2e9dd0ece9 on