Object LIbrary-Tutorials

mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,184
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

A quick question.

In the Objects library under Installed there is a category Tutorials. Create-Installed-Tutorials. Do these objects refer to tutorials? Each of the 3 objects has “Use for "Arranging Objects in the Scene". How does one use them to arrange objects? :roll:

Thanks

Comments

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859
    edited December 1969

are you referring to the beach props ?

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,184
    edited December 1969

Yes Tim the beach props, do you know if there are tutorials that go with it?

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

I think they are a relic of a previous version of Bryce... I'll have a scout round and see if I can find out. :)

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,294
    edited November 2014

There was once a tutorial. Bryce 4 doc pp 47, Bryce 5 (German) doc pp 35. I couldn't find any tutorial for Bryce 5.5, 6.0, 6.1, 6.3, 7.0 and 7.1 that refer to these very old objects. They are already there in Bryce 4.0.

B4.jpg
    640 x 478 - 45K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited December 1969

Thanks Tim, Dave and Horo for your replies.

I don't think I can get hold of the an old manual, it would have been interesting to see "How does one use them to arrange objects?" ;-)

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

I think it refers to using them for the tutorial about arranging objects in a scene. :)

edited December 1969

Yes that's what I thought too Dave. I still have problems placing objects in a scene and thought maybe I would get some ideas. :-) I suppose trials and errors are the key to success.

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited November 2014

mermaid: I don't know if this will help or not but what I do is look at the scene from above...that helps me arrange objects...also I lock what view I want to make it easier...but you probably know that already....Trish

lock.jpg
    208 x 264 - 19K
    Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

@mermaid010 - good advice from Trish, I think. I use the perspective camera, not the director's one, and set all rotation angles to 0. Looking from above, ahead (or north) is up, right right (east), down towards the viewer (south) and left left (west). I also decide what size the scene has e.g. 1 m/3 ft for a table top, or 3 km/2 mi for a landscape, then I determine how much a BU (Bryce Unit) is. This makes it relatively easy to scale objects and know how far away from each other they should be.

edited December 1969

Thanks Trish and Horo. Since I started doing David's tutorials I mainly use the perspective camera. Another thing I learnt from David is using the different views-camera, top and right. I'm trying an interior scene and just can't get the objects where I want them.
    Thanks once again.

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

To see what things look like so far, I use the camera view. When I'm trying to get things placed in a particular location I'll switch from top to right to director views, whichever view helps to get things positioned. Then it's back to camera view to see if things are like I'm after. And if I want to get close to a particular location then I'll use director view so I can pan around to get a look from several different angles. Using the keypad really helps to switch views quickly.

edited December 1969

Thanks Guss for your suggestions. :-)

edited December 1969

This small item often gets unnoticed. The Plop-render tool has the zoom to selection option. Just make sure you've saved the camera position in a dot before you zoom.

ZoomSel.jpg
    354 x 345 - 45K
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,071
    edited December 1969

I tend to setup in camera view and then use the top or right view to move the objects. I use the + and - zoom buttons at the side to zoom in and out centred on the selected object.

edited December 1969

Thanks Horo and Sandy, I appreciate all the suggestions. :-)

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@mermaid: You're welcome. It was the last two cents I had for the day.