Odd Categories problem.

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Couldn't find anything in forums. I updated from 4.6 to 4.7, and it loads but all my categories files show that directory is C drive and unable to load.
Trying to reinstall to see if screwup on loading. Any ideas?
Thanks

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

DO you mean items in Categories have the wrong path? Where is your content located?

• edited November 2014

Its located under default directory of my library. But when it pulls up categories file, everything has exclamation point and if you do properties it says directory c:\.

Daz47d.png
    1003 x 602 - 37K
    Post edited by susievir_8ef440e1f5 on
    edited December 1969

It looks like there are multiple references. Select the icons, right-click and choose "Remove orphaned references".

• edited November 2014

I told database to rebuild then reimport categories. everything is there. But any new content it refuses to see.
    i.e. I got Dh kitchen when it was on sale, installed through content manager, and when I searched it is no where to be found yet search of database shows it is there.
    I.e. 4.6 would put it in unassigned, but 4.7 puts it thin air

No idea how different 4.7 database is, thought it would be a straight look at 4.6 and go on its way. Trying to maybe do another rebuild. No idea what is going on with 4.7. Didn't have problems with 4.6 except for slow sometimes. 4.7, its fast but categories took a back seat..

Post edited by susievir_8ef440e1f5 on
    edited December 1969

What options are you using in the "Scan Known Directories for Files" dialog? Were the new items installed manually or using DAZ Install Manager?