SMART CONTENT GONE (pretty much)

BitstreamBitstream Posts: 38
edited November 2014 in Daz Studio Discussion

I downloaded DAZ Studio 4.7 today, and, at the same time, bought some content. When I go into the new Studio, Content Manager (Edit/Preferences/Content Library/Content Directory Manager) shows all the same paths for content that 4.6 did, but the only content I see in Smart Content is what I bought today.

I've stopped and restarted the DAZ Content Management Service, and, when that didn't work, rebooted my computer (I have no idea why - when in doubt, reboot?). Didn't work either.

Anyone have any idea how I can get DAZ Studio 4.7 to recognize ALL of my Smart Content again?

Thanks in advance.

Robert
P.S. I should probably add that my Reality Render option no longer shows up. It never did show in the left-hand tab render settings even in 4.6, but I could always find it in the render tab at the top of the screen. Now it's gone completely. Don't know what other items/options might be missing, but, hopefully, this is enough information for someone smarter than myself to figure out what's going on. Thanks again.

Post edited by Bitstream on

Comments

• trsmithtrsmith Posts: 19
    edited December 1969

Same problem here. Can't find any of my content in smart content or content library.

• Design Anvil - Razor42Design Anvil - Razor42 Posts: 1,235
    edited December 1969

Just a suggestion, did you try reimporting all of the metadata, through Content Database Maintenance

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/23025332-Using-the-Content-DB-Maintenance-Dialogue

This will only help with smart content though, if its missing in your normal content menu I would double check the paths for your library.

http://wiki.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/software/dazcontentconfiguration

* Some of these wiki posts may have out of date references but will cover the major ground.

• BitstreamBitstream Posts: 38
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Razor 42! Re-importing the metadata did the trick! Now if I can just figure out why my Reality plug-in isn't working.
    Thanks again!
    Robert

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,019
    edited December 1969

If you are seeing only the newly installed content that sound as if you installed PostgreSQL but either didn't run the Valentina to PostgreSQL conversion tool or ran it but it failed due to incipient corruption of the Valentina database. If you hadn't customised the categories, or if you had but you'd exported the user data, then a simple reimport of the metadata is probably the best fix.

• CaldethCaldeth Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I've been having the same problem and that seems to have fixed it for me as well. Thanks Razor 42 :)