Hairstyles for little girls (Genesis 1 to 8 Female, age 10 and under)

I am wondering if there are any hairstyles for little girls aged 10 and under for Genesis 1 to 8 female?

After having purchased the Betsy package for Genesis 8 female, it inspires me to consider purchasing hairstyles for young Genesis 1 to 8 girls.

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,721

Why not just do a filfer search thru the store for hair (top blue bar - people and wearables - hair) and see what might look good on a kid. I don't render children, but this looks like it would work https://www.daz3d.com/kennedy-tails-with-dforce-for-genesis-8-females

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,798

How about Sally Mae hair? You should already have it as part of Genesis (1) essentials, and it autofits well enough to later models. I used it here.

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,830

You might want to look at 3D Universe's store: they have a lot of good hairstyles that are designed for little girls.

In passing, I should add that many of 3D Universe's hairstyles actually work well on adult characters as well. For my money, they're some of the most 'realistic' hairstyles in the store, in the sense that they look like something you might see on people you'd meet on the street, rather than on a fashion catwalk. The frustrating part is that they often seem to have a limited range of morphs and shaders. The shader issue is easy enough to fix, but the limited number of morphs on offer is harder to work around and makes the hairstyles less flexible than they could be. I'd love to see DAZ or someone work with 3D Universe to extend/expand the models, and allow them to reach their full potential (and that's my product suggestion for the day).

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,032

Depending on the era you are rendering, little girls generally have simpler versions of older hair. Braids, pony tails, pig tails, long hair that is pulled back in a barrett (or bow), or has a part on the side or in the middle with a side barrett. Girls whose mothers didn't want to bother, found their hair chopped off or permed to death. Others with naturally curly hair, may have it short, medium, or long. There is a complete set of styles called 'Black Girl Hair' that are adorable. 

I have seen children with shaved-sided hair and blue or pink hair punked out. 

What your scene is set, may drive what hair you want. Just like it would for an adult. 

• pixelquackpixelquack Posts: 285

I'd appreciate in general some more simple hairstyles. The ones found here are usually fancy for flashy portrait renders but when generating real life scenes you have a hard time finding some no-bs hair. so I'd say: simple hairstyles not only for kid characters but all characters.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

dexter.filmore_a6337aa2ba said:

I'd appreciate in general some more simple hairstyles. The ones found here are usually fancy for flashy portrait renders but when generating real life scenes you have a hard time finding some no-bs hair. so I'd say: simple hairstyles not only for kid characters but all characters.

Most of 3DU's hairs work for that.