face features won't reset

jstiltonjstilton Posts: 134
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

hi,
i don't know exactly when it happens, but sometimes, no matter what i do, i can't reset a face to the default expression. it's even worse than that: sometimes when e.g. the mouth or eyes are wide open, i have to actually remove their limits to turn them back very far in order to close them again. it's quite annoying.
nothing i try seems to help in these cases.
anyone know what to do?

thanks!

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

hi,
    i don't know exactly when it happens, but sometimes, no matter what i do, i can't reset a face to the default expression. it's even worse than that: sometimes when e.g. the mouth or eyes are wide open, i have to actually remove their limits to turn them back very far in order to close them again. it's quite annoying.
    nothing i try seems to help in these cases.
    anyone know what to do?

thanks!

Some expressions are created via morphs, some via poses ... so that's 2 different methods to clear to get back the default expression.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,019
    edited December 1969

It does sound as if you have a master control set that is adding to the loca values, and so you have to take limits off to full compensate. Select both the head and the figure nodes and then look in Currently Used in the Parameters pane to see what is having an effect (in DS 4.7 - in earlier versions you may not see every non-zero setting this way).

• jstiltonjstilton Posts: 134
    edited December 1969

@richard: when i look at currently used, nothing is checked, that is the weird thing
    @patience: i don't think a morphi is the culprit. where can i see which morphs are at work?

it seems to happen most of the time when i apply a pose i saved earlier to one of my characters...