GenX2 vs Studio 4.7 - Crash

vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,845
edited November 2014 in Daz Studio Discussion

I'm starting to have a consistent problem with GenX2 and this version of 4.7 on Windows 7. I bring up Studio, bring up GenX2, put the morph source figure into the GenX2 pane, then put a pose morph into the pane.

Crash.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

It's such a complete crash that I don't get that prompt that says, "Send the log file to DAZ", and there's nothing in the log file because it crashes before it can give an error. I'll file a ticket, I guess, but there's nothing I can tell them or send them besides, "It crashes almost all the time."

Is anyone else having this sort of issue? Do I need to reinstall GenX2? Is there an update?

EDIT: If I put V4/M4 into the scene, inject the morph into them, then export the morphed figure, then drag and drop THAT into the GenX2 pane, it seems to be OK. It's the drag-and-drop of the PZ2 file that consistently makes GenX2 crash Studio.

I'd say the drag-and-drop makes Studio crash about 60-70% of the time now. And inject/export/drag-drop-exportedfigure is a royal pain in the tuchas compared to the regular method.

Post edited by vwrangler on