Dreamlight Movie Maker 2 - any fix to make existing MM content work Dreamlight?

UrdwolfUrdwolf Posts: 26
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Okay, over the years I have had to get used to the DAZ development team's complete ineptitude at building backward compatibility into their creation. My content library is filled with (very useful) plug-ins I can only use with DS3 or even DS2. Heck, I even have to open DS3 regularly to use 'Finder' because it's about 5x faster than DS4's internal search engine. It's all part of the mixed blessing of using DAZ Studio.

However, I do think that Dreamlight should be able to make the existing content compatible with their new product. In fact they've proven that they can do this because the samples they have included in the new version are exactly the same as those they give away with the original. So how's about it Dreamlight? Are you going to make the old content compatible with the new product?

Comments

• jaebeajaebea Posts: 454
    edited December 1969

I asked a question on the Dreamlight FB page, asking if the old content was compatible and he reposnded that it was so I played and played around with it and only got a few things to come up. I couldn't figure out the rest.

• UrdwolfUrdwolf Posts: 26
    edited December 1969

jaebea said:
    I asked a question on the Dreamlight FB page, asking if the old content was compatible and he reposnded that it was so I played and played around with it and only got a few things to come up. I couldn't figure out the rest.

I reinstalled the 'Island' scene and it failed to show in the tab so just assumed none of the other content would work. It may have to do with where the files are installed; the switch from the Poser Runtime format to 'My Library' has probably messed up the access path. I'll check :)

• Leo ChenLeo Chen Posts: 697
    edited December 1969

urdwolf said:
    jaebea said:

I reinstalled the 'Island' scene and it failed to show in the tab so just assumed none of the other content would work. It may have to do with where the files are installed; the switch from the Poser Runtime format to 'My Library' has probably messed up the access path. I'll check :)

All my Movie Maker's background packages fail to show in the tab.

It shows only the background samplers which come with the new Movie Maker.

Snip20141204_4.png
    1066 x 1081 - 278K