WASD Camera control - can it be disabled? [Resolved]

Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
edited November 2014 in Daz Studio Discussion

Okay, so recently upgraded to 4.7... and now I can apparently move the camera with the WASD keys.

Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but as I've recently noticed, such movement isn't covered by the Undo commands, which is a royal pain in the butt when you hit WASD by accident while searching for products or trying to rename an object too quickly.

In lieu of an Undo for this, is there a way to disable this 'feature' and return to good old fashioned movement? At least that way I know I can undo any changes, and it's less likely to occur by accident.

Post edited by Herald of Fire on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited November 2014

I already did this once, but I have to do it again.

I went to Customize, and in the Actions pane near the bottom, View Control, right click and select Clear Keyboard Shortcut. It worked but it has since got lost again and reverted to the new setup. I had to do it for each key with a single letter :)

This time I am going to save it as a new Layout and Actions.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,979
    edited December 1969

By default shift-k will toggle the feature on and off. There should also be a button if you use the standard toolbars, a section of keyboard with the wasd keys highlighted.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

If you're not seeing the button Richard is talking about, you'll need go back to a default layout to see it and redo anything custom you had.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Yeah, I'm using a custom layout but I managed to disable it. Thanks for your replies.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,979
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    If you're not seeing the button Richard is talking about, you'll need go back to a default layout to see it and redo anything custom you had.

You can also go to Window>Workspace>Customise, find the command on the left (under View Control) and find the tool bar you want to add it to on the right, in the Tool Bars tab, then drag the command into the tool bar.