Eyes locked

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

When I installed the new beta, and opened V4.2, everything works except the eyes won't open or close using the appropriate morph. Tried a fresh V4, but same issue. Same V4 works fine in Daz Studio. Anyone else experience this, or know a fix? I have tried reinstalling all morphs, and even ran the bat file (I although I don't think that's necessary any more).

Thanks,

Klebnor

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580
    edited December 1969

Check that your content directories are defined correctly -- the beta does not use the same settings as the general release.

• edited December 1969

Sorry, that's a new one on me. What do you mean by "defining" content directories?

edited December 1969

Window > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager
    Make sure what's listed under "DAZ Studio Formats" and "Poser Formats" matches what you have in the general release.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Do some of the other morphs seem to not work as well?
    If so, try opening DS, load in a new V4 and let PowerLoader load all morphs that you have onto her. I don't even think you need to save the character that way - just let that Power Loader thingy INJect all of the morphs you have once and it should be good to go forever after. Not sure why... but it worked for those us us that couldn't get certain morphs to work on V4. So we also did that for M4 while we were at it - just to be sure. I saved mine each time as "V4 PowerLoad" and "M4 PowerLoad", but someone was saying that they didn't think that saving after running Powerloader was even necessary.

Just to be clear, I have no idea how to ask PowerLoader to start. The only thing I know is to make sure that it is installed, I think there's one for V4 and one for M4, I can't remember anymore. But with it installed, it launches automatically when loading a fresh V4 or M4 into a scene in DS. I don't know much about DS.

edited December 1969

Sorry, I didn't notice this was the Carrara beta, my mistake.

edited December 1969

Why, what were you taking about? Is that in DIM, or DS... just curious.

edited December 1969

DAZ Studio -- the beta doesn't share settings with the general release. I don't know if the Carrara beta does.

• edited December 1969

Dartanbeck:

All other morphs work, which is odd to me. I have tried to set up a new V4 in DS, however, I cannot figure out how to save a figure as a new CR2 once the morphs are injected. The new V4 works fine (even the eyes) in DS, but I can't locate any way to save it as a new figure.

edited December 1969

I don't think you need to save it. But if you want to, it's File > Export and then set the output extension (bottom of dialog) to Poser CR2 and just drop it into the same directory (DAZ People) under a new name, like V4 PL or something ;)

edited December 1969

Yikes! Perhaps you do have to save!
    I just tried it and, to my horror, the new V4's eyes wouldn't close! :ahhh:
    To my delight, my saved Hero (Rosie) V4 character and newly saved V4 PowerLoad Does work!
    Unfortunately, the original V4 from the library still doesn't work, so I had to use the version that I've saved.

For reference:
    In Carrara currently, try to always use Poser versions (except for Genesis and other Triax rigged figures)

Where to find/save:
    Runtime > Libraries > Character > DAZ People

New-V4-Eyes-RTworks.jpg
    1680 x 945 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Then, upon loading Victoria 4.2 into DAZ Studio, use the PowerLoader to auto-INJ any morphs that you wish to add. For my experiment, I left everything selected.

With the character selected, go to the DAZ Studio File menu:
    File > Export
    a dialog will appear
    in the bottom selection drop-down, use "Poser CR2"
    Give the file a Unique Name and complete the export.

***Note: You may even wish to overwrite the original "Victoria 4.2" file. I DO NOT suggest this! It's always nice to keep the original file in it's original state. Also, further updates to the figure may then overwrite what you have made.

It's simple to use a new name.

• edited December 1969

Yikes! Perhaps you do have to save!
    I just tried it and, to my horror, the new V4's eyes wouldn't close! :ahhh:
    To my delight, my saved Hero (Rosie) V4 character and newly saved V4 PowerLoad Does work!
    Unfortunately, the original V4 from the library still doesn't work, so I had to use the version that I've saved.

For reference:
    In Carrara currently, try to always use Poser versions (except for Genesis and other Triax rigged figures)

Where to find/save:
    Runtime > Libraries > Character > DAZ People

There is definitely something odd going on with the eyes open/close morph. Maybe a channel issue. I'll try your method and see what happens.

Thanks!

edited December 1969

Klebnor said:

There is definitely something odd going on with the eyes open/close morph. Maybe a channel issue.

Odd, yes... like: It's freaking Broke! Right?
    Strange that it works in DS, but not in Carrara though. We need to report this bug.
  • edited December 1969

I have a similar problem, sometimes eyes just don't close but other morphs work.
    Happens most often after I have added a mimic trac with no expressions then try to add them.
    Same problem in 8.1 and 8.5 using V4

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited December 1969

It often happens that the loading of external morphes kill the original morphes, why ? , I do not know…

• edited December 1969

Well, I got a version to work. I am not certain what the problem was, but I uninstalled and reinstalled V4, installed the power loader (this could have been the issue as I had not installed it previously - although it still seems odd since all the morphs were present, just the one did not work). I then reloaded V4, opened up in DS and loaded ++ and elite morphs. Exported the CR2, and it works fine now in Carrara. Success, I guess.

Klebnor

edited December 1969

Klebnor said:
    Well, I got a version to work. I am not certain what the problem was, but I uninstalled and reinstalled V4, installed the power loader (this could have been the issue as I had not installed it previously - although it still seems odd since all the morphs were present, just the one did not work). I then reloaded V4, opened up in DS and loaded ++ and elite morphs. Exported the CR2, and it works fine now in Carrara. Success, I guess.

Klebnor

I know. It really bites that we should have to go through this - I mean, what about those folks that don't use the forums?
    But at least "we" have our V4s up and running! ;)