• ProPoseProPose Posts: 527

Mystiarra said:

theres this url box on the general tab. 

what does it do?

thanks!

I think it has to do with VET Export.  I've never used it tho 

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

the animates importer

wondering if it doesnt work cuz g8 has a hip and a pelvis. it gets confused?

isit possible to select all the keyframes from the hip track and move it to the pelvis track? 

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

Mystiarra said:

isit possible to select all the keyframes from the hip track and move it to the pelvis track? 

No, and you really don't want to - it wouldn't fix what isn't working.

Are you trying G8 aniBlocks or some other generation?

With Genesis, using V4/M4 aniBlocks gives us Abdomen 2 and Pelvis as free joints with no data, so we can key those by hand to make adjustments.

When we want to correct joint rotations that are out of whack, we can open the hierachy for that joint in the sequencer, open the Transforms > Rotation and select the correct axis (selecting the joint with the rotation tool can help determine which), select the whole line of keys and drag them up or down to the proper angle.

I often find that I'll need to tweak other axis at least slightly as well to make it look right.

At first it might seem like a lot of work, but it gets really easy and quick when you do it  a lot.

edited May 2021

i'm using the V8 belly dance moves on G8.  his hip action is all wonky.

i been using ds to bake the animates to keyframed duf, which does the job.
    THANK YOU WENDY!! for explaining it.

its the ds interface elements soo tiny i cant do it by myself, cant see itcrying

not as kewl as a jabba the hut party
    but there dancing entertainers on the emperor's flying palace.

he really is disgusting.  

Post edited by Mistara on

That was one of the biggest reasons I switched back to Genesis 1. Loading DUF poses and animations seem to take forever and a day for me. I love being able to simply load my aniBlocks and tweak them in Carrara.

I was thinking about going to Genesis 2 instead, but then I lose Carrara's auto-fit from other Genesis generations, since Carrara's doesn't recognize one generation of Genesis from the other in terms of Auto-fit.

I guess I could do it like I do now for other Genesis generations - convert to the appropriate generation within Daz Studio, and save as a new item in my library. But I'm quite content with Genesis 1 for now.

It can truly be anything I want it to be now! :)

text primitive  - there no quick way to set all the side faces to one shader domain?

i'm usimg text primitive a lot mores larely.

Aside from converting the text primitive to vertex, I've found that this works:

Make a second shader with an obvious, easy to see color. 

In the Shading tab with Text selected, select the new shader from the domain at the very bottom of the list.

This might be one of the faces of the text, front or back - if I remember correctly. If not, drag it upward to the next, and continue doing so until you change either the front or back faces. If you hit one of those, Undo and continue, skipping the one that changes the front or back faces.

Basically, you're searching for the front and back faces of the text primitive - all others will be the faces that make up the depth of the text.

Next, just make the shader that's mapped to the front and back how you want those, and the other shader how you want the sides to be.

It's faster and easier than I make it sound, I'm sure!

Good luck - hope it helps!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

Mystiarra said:

text primitive  - there no quick way to set all the side faces to one shader domain?

i'm usimg text primitive a lot mores larely.

after converting the text what I usually do in the modelling room is select the front and back by selecting by shading domain which should be

frontface 0 and frontface1

then I inverse selection which then selects the side faces and I create a new shading domain name then delete the unwanted ones.. takes but only a minute to do. wink

thanks.  the front stays the same, changing letters changes the sides.

been playing with the tube lights.  has a choice of logarhythmic.  some kinda funky nawleans jazz beat 

dunno if i comin to the wong conclusion? 
    when i set the range of the light to like 3 ft, and the camera is further, the light doesnt reach the camera 
    i was setting tube lights to the fixtures on the washing station, couldnt understand why the light wasnt working.
    i set the range short thinkin 1 light per basin.  
    pulled some of my hairs out. didnt understand.  lol

modifiers, track vs point at.  it sounds like the same thing?

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235
    edited May 2021

Hi Misty,
    The 'Point At' Modifier affects only the Orientation of an object, i.e., it will remain stationary except for rotating to remain pointing at a chosen object.
    The 'Track' Modifier affects the poition of whichever checkbox is marked for the X,Y and Z axis. You can select 1, 2 or all 3 axis and the object will move in relation to the chosen object. You can also track an object's Rotation using the Track Modifier.

In both cases the object 'pointing at' or 'tracking' is looking at the Hot Point of the other object, which is normally nicely centered, but can be offset for possible other interesting applications of the Modifiers.

Edited to add: An object with the 'Point At' Modifier can also be animated, or course, or part of a Group that is animated, or whatever. It will just always be oriented towards whatever object is chosen.

Post edited by DesertDude on
    edited May 2021

what does translucency do?

i used to think it was to let light thru.  

i tried it on a ceiling, hoping the sky light would come thru.  didnt work

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited May 2021

I just tried a quick set up. Window shader has red in the translucency channel. Just one Distant Light.

translucency.jpg
    640 x 480 - 10K
    translucency2.jpg
    640 x 480 - 12K
    translucency_shader.jpg
    660 x 802 - 72K

its a glow channel?

thanks.

edited May 2021

Hi, no there is only a color in the Color Channel and the Translucency Channel - that's all.

Edit: Do you have 'Light through Transparency' checked in the Redner Room? Should be checked by default.

OMG  i cant read the white. not even with the magnifier on.
    not even magnified at 400 percent

looking to save the active morphs in a pose,

could someone tell me where they see it?

thanks.

cant read.JPG
    520 x 573 - 60K

did you know you can change the size ofine  the handle bars arrows?

one of these color swatches prolly controls the fonts color in dialogs?

handle bar size.JPG
    639 x 388 - 43K
    ui colotd.JPG
    451 x 376 - 39K

a lil better.  can read it at 400 percents

now i have it saved as a master pose, i dunno how to apply it.

a lil better,can read it at 400 percent.JPG
    480 x 493 - 56K

ya ever heard of gimbal lock?

theres a gimbal lock option in preferences

the track modifier makes the camera move with the object in the chosen axises.

i had all 3 checked, the camera zapped into the cupboard.  uncheck y to free the camera

track modifier.JPG
    1049 x 523 - 95K

dunno what happening.  that apply to children button disappeared.  then it came back.  

dont panic mostly harmless.  monster gremlins in my carrara

apply to children.JPG
    298 x 559 - 46K

oh woww  these been here this whole time?

dropped on 'hip' and kapoww! 

modifiers.JPG
    937 x 600 - 64K