Chest hair etc on Nevio coloured characters

rogerjhardy100rogerjhardy100 Posts: 289
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I was wondering how to mix male characters with body hair (Sebastian, Dan) with M6 Nevio characters in the same render. When they are rendered the 'body hair' characters appear much darker with less face definition. I can remedy it by selecting 'Nevio all' but then ever character looks like M6. Any ideas? I'm a relative newbie to DAZ3D so be gentle with me!

Comments

• rogerjhardy100rogerjhardy100 Posts: 289
    edited December 1969

just to check that it was posted.....

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,225
    edited November 2014

Where did you obtain Nevio? I don't see it in the DAZ store. (edited: found it looks like a texture set for M6)

Post edited by Cris Palomino on
  • Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,225
    edited November 2014

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking.

Post edited by Cris Palomino on
    edited December 1969

Hi Cris, OK, if I select M6 I get Nevio skin as a default. When I select any other characters I can select Nevio from the left-hand smart tab under 'surfaces'. I get it because I have hundreds of alternatives from DAZ 4.5 and 4.6 and they're still there in 4.7. Anyway, when I select 'Nevio All' for the characters with body hair, I get M6 textures which is not what I want. The normal hairy Dan and Oliver characters look fine without Nevio but if I have a scene with Nevio-coloured characters, it is clear that Dan and Oliver are much darker in tone and have less facial definition, so look strange. What I'm looking for is some guidance on how to change the skin colour in Surfaces Editor because I'm not too sure where to start.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,429
    edited December 1969

Nevio is the name of the default M6 texture set, apparently. Differences in how materials are set up between different artists can be a problem, and FWArt does have a very distinctive approach - one option that may be worth trying is to apply the Dan or Oliver characters, then find the nevio materials and hold down the ctrl(Windows)/cmd(Mac) key while double-clicking - a dialogue box will open with a couple of options - for Maps select Ignore. That will give you the settings from Nevio, but using the maps from the FW sets. See if that is at least a step in the right direction.

edited December 1969

Thanks, Richard. I tried it but got a disconnect where the arms join the torso and no Nevio textures anyway which is a shame as they arephoto-real. It's not a major problem and I guess I'll have to live with non-hairy Nevio textures although I can't help thinking that the designers of M6 are missing a trick by not making alternative textures for M6.