Where is Waldo?

BurpeeBurpee Posts: 152
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Well, really, I want to know where is V4. She should be in my download history but she's not there. I need to download the old Poser files for her as the base morphs are not applying to her when I try to inject them.

Any help?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,429
    edited December 1969

Searching for "Victoria 4" in my product library finds the file, but it's more recent than it should be - I suspect from some kind of bundle or automatic freebie.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

I almost missed her since I have quite a bit of content for V4. Search specifically for Victoria 4 Base and she should pop right up.

• BurpeeBurpee Posts: 152
    edited December 1969

Thanks for answering both. I had originally searched for V4 base..duh. Victoria 4 worked perfectly. I own her in bundles too but now I got her. Thanks.

edited December 1969

I've some questions again. When I did the download it only gave me the DS files. Is that correct? When I load her in DS with just the base file it's only the head and male figure that loads with the base. Where's the magnets and shoulder JCMs?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

What files did you download? The product page should have a base file (in Poser format), a StudioCF with DS material presets, and a PowerLoader.

edited December 1969

Thanks, I got it.

What I'm having trouble with is the base morphs are not applying to the model. These new files didn't help. My morphs++ install but the base morphs are still missing. There are no magnets in V4 and only bend on the collar and shoulder. Shouldn't V4 load with magnets (JSMs) and all the PBMs for left and right collar when base morphs are applied?

edited December 1969

If you're installing manually, did you run the morph channel initialization DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat?

edited December 1969

No, I don't know what that is. Can I just run the Power Loader and it will do the same thing? thanks for helping.

edited December 1969

Yes, the Powerloader will do the same thing, there's a checkbox near the bottom of the Powerloader dialog that says something like "Create ExP files for all morphs" -- make sure that is checked.

edited December 1969

Thank you, I will try that. Hopefully it will work even though V4 is in her own runtime. Appreciate the help!

edited December 1969

Doesn't seem to matter what I do. I only get a few JCMs showing. They are the ones that show up in the Power Loader that I check mark and most are for the head.

Here's a pic of the JCMs I get and a pic of what my friend gets when she loads V4 and adds base morphs. She has a whole list of lCollar items and I only have the one that I've underlined in red.

I know that Poser reads the ERCs differently so I wonder if my V4 in a separate folder is the issue.

There has to be a reason for this because she recently lost her hard drive and reinstalled V4 from files she got at Daz3D in her order history and is having no problems. I redownloaded and installed from my order history over my existing V4 and still have a problem. I do have the ...libraries/!DAZ folder with all the ERCs and groups in it, so the information is not missing.

my_JCMsmall.jpg
    546 x 318 - 61K
    JSMsmall.jpg
    535 x 317 - 54K
    edited December 1969

I should also add that I have tried this using DazStudio3.1 and Poser and get the same results...only the one lCollar JCM

edited December 1969

Do you have more than one Runtime with a "Libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4" folder?

edited December 1969

Looks like 3 areas on my hard drive.

First I have a copy of the runtime where I unzipped it when I just recently downloaded the V4 zip

Second there are a zillion of these folders in Studio/Content/Runtime for each body part

Thirdly there are the same zillion folders in my Poser V4 runtime folder

edited December 1969

Having more than one Runtime with that subfolder will cause problems -- you should only have one listed in DS or in Poser. Remove the duplicates, install V4 base and all morphs to the same Runtime, and if installing manually run the initialization DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat (DIM will run the initialization automatically when you install any morphs that need it).

edited December 2014

Ok, will give that a try. Thank you for trying to help me out. Much appreciated.

To run the DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat, do I just double click it? I remember a thread once talking about running a templer (or something) so that you could run the DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat

EDIT - never mind. I ran the DzCreateExPFiles.exe first then double clicked on the bat file and it ran. Thanks. Hope this works.

Post edited by Burpee on
    edited December 1969

Still not working. If I click on the 'inj morphs base' nothing happens except that I get empty folders on the parameters tab for BODY....she freak, the girl, steph, etc.

If I click on 'inj morphs++' nothing happens. If I inject each morph separately (one by one) then they actually inject into V4. Problem is that I don't have the base morphs and magnets in my V4.