open or import daz studio 3.1.2.23 files to daz studio 4.7

j_stnkj_stnk Posts: 205
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

hello folks!

how do i or can't i convert, open or import a character made in daz studio 3 with morphs and mats to daz studio 4?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

DS4 should open any files saved in DS3, assuming that any 'data' folders associated with them are still there. Just add the DS3 content folder to DS4, that's what most people do.

DS4 will open .DAZ files as well, but it will only save in the new format (DUF) so it can't be done the other way round.

• Arnold CArnold C Posts: 740
    edited December 2014

Until DAZ Studio version 4.6.3.50 (and maybe 4.6.3.52 too, not tested), even ".daz" scenefiles from the old DAZ Studio 1 Base Content were able to load. Although, there was a small problem with the ".dsb" Material- and Pose Presets, which only were executed correctly when only a part of the figure was selected (hip, arm, torso...), they didn't work at all when the whole figure was selected instead.
    Oddly enough, the light presets in the same ".dsb" format loaded properly.

DAZ Studio version 4.7.0.12 seems to have some problems with older ".daz" scenefiles, trying to load them I now only get an error:
    Opening file Faerie Forest DAY.daz...
    Error setting pointers while reading file D:/PROGRAMME/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio3/Content Library/Scenes/Faerie Forest/Faerie Forest DAY.daz : C Exception: Memory Access Violation - Attempted to read memory at address 0x00000000
    Error loading file D:/PROGRAMME/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio3/Content Library/Scenes/Faerie Forest/Faerie Forest DAY.daz

I had to revert back to DS 4.6 and there save them as Scenes, Scene Subsets, Wearables and Material- and Pose Presets in ".duf" format to make them work again in DS 4.7.
    So if you plan to use your scenes in an updated DAZ Studio, better save them in ".duf" format now or prospectively make a backup for every older DS version you have updated to which you can revert to if needed. Or both.
    ;-)
    My DS 4.6.3.50 already sleeps nicey on a backup DVD.

Below: the "Faerie Forest DAY" scene from the old DAZ Studio 1, rendered in DAZ Studio Pro 4.7.0.12.

Faerie_Forest_4.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 760K
    Post edited by Arnold C on