Excuse me for being stupid. . .

cclesuecclesue Posts: 420
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

but I'm a bit out of practice with DS 4
I'm on a Mac with 10. what ever the latest is. and can't seem to get DS to look at the files I downloaded to: users/shared/myDAZ3d library/
as recommended and installed my the DIM. What it appears to be seeing is something in the Applications folder. How do I change the direction of the look up?

Comments

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,865
    edited December 1969

In DAZ Studio, you have a Content Directory Manager, which you find easiest from Preferences...->Content Library, and the big button at the botton of the window saying Content Directory Manager.

Here you tell DS where to look for files. DS and DIM can have different ideas as you can configure both of then, what is important is that they both look at the same location.

• cclesuecclesue Posts: 420
    edited December 1969

Okay did that and restarted DS but although I can see the files in the content library (right side) I can't see Genesis 2 stuff in the smart content and barefoot dance is no where to be found.

edited December 1969

And while I'm at it any idea how to get my 3d connexions mouse to work.

edited December 1969

cclesue said:
    Okay did that and restarted DS but although I can see the files in the content library (right side) I can't see Genesis 2 stuff in the smart content and barefoot dance is no where to be found.

Is your Content Manager System Database running? In Activity Monitor, look for postgres.

And I have no clue on your other question but I know someone who got it running, I will ask.

edited December 1969

I hate to be one of those that should know better but don't and need to be taken by the hand but where the heck is the activity monitor??

edited December 1969

cclesue said:
    I hate to be one of those that should know better but don't and need to be taken by the hand but where the heck is the activity monitor??

in /Applications/Utilities

• SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

cclesue said:
    And while I'm at it any idea how to get my 3d connexions mouse to work.

I have no 3dconnexions mouse, but the SpaceNavigator - but I think it's the same for both: there is no support for it and DAZ Studio, unfortunately this is the situation for a long time.

Theres a tool "ControllerMate" which allows you to do a own configuration of a (unsupported) device for OSX (and a specific app, if I remember correct) - I tried it out, but it was "bleh" for our demands.

Sad to say: my SpaceNavigator collects dust...

edited December 1969

Went there and this is what I found Not that I understand what I'm looking at.

Screen_Shot_2014-12-02_at_3.26_.37_PM_.png
    569 x 120 - 27K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

cclesue said:

Since postgres is showing that means it's working (there are generally about half a dozen instances of it running). If nothing is showing in Smart Content, from the Smart Content pane click the options menu (rectangle with horizontal lines in the upper corner) > Content DB Maintenance > Re-Import Metadata.

edited December 1969

cclesue said:

Yes, you have the CMS running, then you should see smart content, maybe you need to reimport meta data.. Will show you but DS is busy rendering..

edited December 1969

Wow that did it!!! Thank you thank you

How long does it take to become and expert in this DS thing??

As for the SpaceNavigator (what I have also) the fact I could never use in the Studio is why I STUCK WITH POSER SO LONG! It just makes things so much easier.

edited December 1969

I'm back. . . Why do I not see the shaping tab. . . I've got Smart Content and Surfaces but no Shaping!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

If it's not currently showing, go to Window > Panes to add additional panes.