better forum categories

pixelquackpixelquack Posts: 285
edited May 2021 in Product Suggestions

[better forum categories] Like: Lighting, Posing, Morphing, Bridges, Hair, Clothing, Props, Iray, Octane, 3DL, Daz features covering tools like Puppeteer, Power pose. The categories as they are are like ketchup, they more or less fit or don't fit anything and everything.

Edited for Please put your question in the post body and the title - Daz 3D Forums

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

When using the "Recent Discussions", you don't even pay attention to the categories.

• pixelquackpixelquack Posts: 285

Whatever that is supposed to tell me. 

Proper catagories for specific topics you don't post in the "closest match" which ever so often is not close at all but in want for a better one.

Like this, best example. "Product suggestion" - there was no better. What about "Forum general (discuss forum tech here)"? I guess a community used to DS' content libs is used to suffering.

• kraftwerkdkraftwerkd Posts: 42

The entire forum interface is rather.. archaic. It took me an hour to figure out I had to click the little gear wheel at the top just to see my previous posts, for example. Usually that's just right there on the profile page.

This forum for example, is titled "Product Suggestions". Now is this just suggestions for store products, for Daz + Hexagon + store products, or for the entire Daz ecosystem, website and all?

As an aside, I find it funny that places like Rendo have better store filters than the main Daz store page.