Is it possible to re-position the hot point for an object in studio

DADA_universeDADA_universe Posts: 336
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I have searched a bit to find out how to re-position the hot point for objects in DAZ studio to no avail. Any help on how to do this? Or is it impossible? Searching on the forum brings up only posts on Carrara.

Comments

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Sure. You need to use the Joint Editor tool. In doing so you'll see some tiny red and green gizmos. Move the green one around to change the pivot point for the object.

• DADA_universeDADA_universe Posts: 336
    edited December 1969

Thanks, I tried it out, good to know, though I probably asked the wrong question. What I have is an instances group I created of a sphere which I want to align and distribute to form beads round her waist (there's a thin torus I formed round the waist to serve as thread / path for the beads). Sounds simple enough and I could do this in Carrara or other 3d tools but I'll like to stay in Studio if possible for this one. I found the joint editor tool does what you say for the character's bone joints, but for the instances group, it just translates the entire group as I try to move it. So maybe the right question I should ask is: how do I arrange duplicates of a sphere around a thin torus to form beads round this character's waist? ;o)

Thanks for helping!

Screenshot_2014-12-04_10.07_.48_.png
    1366 x 768 - 1M
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,054
    edited December 1969

One at a time :lol:

• DADA_universeDADA_universe Posts: 336
    edited December 1969

Lol! ;o)