200 Plus Head and Face Morphs Bundle

Haiya, I'm new to Daz, and I love it so far but I just had a product question about te head and face morph, for those of you have have it. Especially with the bundle moreso than the individual gender packs this seems like a staple product, no? But, I was wondering how in depth you can go with this addon, and would this addon be the cheaper route than buying individual character models?

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,721

Depends on what you are trying to achieve. If it's all about saving money, then yes, you can create all kinds of new characters yourself with this morph set and never have to buy any addon characters. You should also invest in the base morph sets as well since some character sets require them. traditionally there are two ways a PA will create a character for the store. one is they use existing morphs like these and/or the base morphs to create the shape and the other is to take the mesh into a modeling app and make their own morphs.

I wouldn't say this is a staple set to have since it is one of many morph sets. If anything, these should be considered the staple ones to have

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-female-head-morphs

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-male-head-morphs

• watchdog79watchdog79 Posts: 1,026

Consider the fact that a lot of characters require one or more of the morph packs as a pre-requisite.

A large bundle of such products on a good sale is a good buy.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,852

Also consider that buying a character gets you new skin textures, too, not just a new shape.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898

I would recommend the 200+ products, I find them essential and I use them all the time.

I still think you´ll probably need to purchase at least a few characters, though.

First of all, even with all those sliders, I find that I never quite manage to get results as strong as some of the characters that are sold.

But more importantly, skin materials are as important as the shape. You probably want to get at least a few characters in order to have some skins to choose from.