DAZ Setup installers not fully installing content

Helvetica 2013Helvetica 2013 Posts: 15
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hello,
I am requesting your help with some issues that I am having installing content into DAZ Studio 4. I am running Windows 7 professional 64-bit and an alternate system runs Windows 7 Professional 32-bit. I am noticing a disparity installing content on my 64-bit system. The installer seems to run fine but only installs a portion of files, no object or cr2 files are loaded only textures and scripts. I have noticed missing content while running M4 pirate, Moroccan Dreams Bundle and others. I have reinstalled DAZ, Content Manager and completely blanked my 64-bit system. Nothing that I have done seems to solve the problem. My antiviris is up to date and as far as I know my firewall isn't intruding during the downloads. Please help! Thank you!

Comments

• ZwytZwyt Posts: 122
    edited December 1969

Are you using the most up to date installers? I have noticed that when I used some older installers the really really old ones. That no content was being installed is seemed. Getting the updated installers which should be available through your accounts download links now fixes that problem entirely, in fact some of the older stuff is just being distributed in zip files and you can manually install the files in your runtime. The only installers that I have had this problem with are the old ones that look like a miniature computer with a little blue screen with an open box in front of them. All of the other installers have worked fine on my Windows 7 x64 system, except you have to watch your library folder sometimes an installer will place a content directory with some stuff in it up in your library folder outside of your runtime, usually this can be fixed by just taking whatever was in the content folder and placing it in the corresponding place in your library folder. Hope this helps.

Charles

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,272
    edited December 1969

I'm pretty sure those items have both a DAZ Studio isntaller, with DS at the end of the name, holding material presets for DAZ Studio and a "Poser" installer that holds the actual geometry and figure files. make sure you are running both.

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

You're not letting the installers install content into Program Files or Program Files (x86), right? That's a big no-no on W7. Never run any Daz installer in default mode, IMO. Always scrutinize where the installer thinks things should go. With ~5 generations of installers still in the store, there's a lot of variation in the defaults. Also, the following are common problems that would need to be fixed by merging into the right folder:

My Library/content
    content/content
    Runtime/Runtime