How do I save Camera angles?

Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I have a scene that I am saving, reopening and editing where I want the camera angle to be exactly the same across multiple sessions. I'm trying to make a comic and don't want shaky angle continuity between slides. For some reason whenever I load my scene the camera I made is moved to exactly the same as my perspective camera, even though I used "Figures->Lock->Lock Selected Node(s)" to prevent myself form accidentally moving it.

Comments

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

Create a new camera and adjust that one for what you want your camera angle to be for your scene and save when you have it adjusted. The new camera will retain the parameter changes you made.

• NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

Jay_NOLA said:
    Create a new camera and adjust that one for what you want your camera angle to be for your scene and save when you have it adjusted. The new camera will retain the parameter changes you made.

another option is to save camera presets.

I would tend to rename the camera first that way you can have multiple cameras in a scene or save set up and then use the "Save As" then select "Camera(s) Preset"

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

I would tend to rename the camera first

I always create a minimum of two cameras, Pose - which is the camera used to render from, and Zoom - which is the camera I use to move around the scene to handle posing issues and the like. I also create a Null which I call Cameras and which I parent all cameras too - it helps to keep the scene tidy and lets you find things quickly.

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

No, this does not work.

This is what I do:

1. Create a camera that starts with the view of the current camera.
    2. Name that camera "FREEZE"
    3. Select FREEZE in the Scene tab (DS4.5)
    4. Adjust it to where I want it.
    5. Lock node.
    6. Save file.
    7. Exit DS.
    8. Reload scene

Camera locked in a different angle. Is it possible that it's resetting itself to the camera that it duplicated every load?

Seems like a bug.

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

No, this does not work.
    6. Save file.
    7. Exit DS.
    8. Reload scene

Camera locked in a different angle. Is it possible that it's resetting itself to the camera that it duplicated every load?

Seems like a bug.

Which camera is actually selected when your scene saves? And which camera is selected when your scene loads? Is it the camera you created, or one of the others such as Default Camera?

I'm definitely not getting this in my saved scenes - the one thing you are doing differently to me is locking the node.

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

It's the FREEZE camera that is selected. I could try not locking the node when I get home, but I would think this would not be the intended function of the node lock. I do it so I don't mistakenly adjust it, as I have upwards of 10 cameras at any time