Trouble "selecting" an imported object/ figure

Neal_2591351Neal_2591351 Posts: 21
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

I open Bryce 7.1 and get the basic scene with the ground grid and the like. I then use the DAZ3D icon to open DAZ. Then I open a DAZ file scene, DAZ Dragon for instance, send it to Bryce and can not select with the mouse cursor and left click.

I can select the "ground" grid, it turns red every time, but my imported items won't select.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Comments

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

Try this .....open Studio with your scene...go file export....save it to your desktop...It will come with 2 folders don't worry about them....open Bryce....Import object.....and it should be there...The two folders you can trash if you want its just exported material files....Trish

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

If there are multiple objects under the mouse from which to select (for example both your imported object and the ground), hold down the key while clicking, then you will get a context menu from which you can choose the object you really want to select.

Note that there is also an bug where sometimes where Bryce thinks you are clicking is not actually where you are clicking; I only see that rarely, so it's probably not what you are seeing, but it can happen. In this case (or anytime, really) you can also try to select objects by clicking one of the icons near the bottom right corner of the main window that allows you to choose meshes or groups by name. In the case of your imported object, if that's a figure with clothing and hair or something there will of course be multiple groups/meshes if you haven't already grouped them into one new one. before selecting an object adds another object to the selection.

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 1969

Have you tried using the Tab key above the Caps Lock key.
    Select the ground plane then press Tab to select the next and the next etc.

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859
    edited December 1969

hi, I have this happen to me often....the trick for me is, when you have imported your model, just use the camera control and move back just a tiny bit....then click on your model :) ...i hope this helps

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

Look to the bottom right of the screen and look for a down arrow. Clicking on it will bring up a selection of options that help select the object.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,294
    edited December 1969

@chweeks - there are several ways to select an imported object. If clicking on it doesn't select it, there is the list you can select from. At the right lower corner there is a round button with a grid. It toggles between animation and object control.

In the object control mode, there is a down arrow which opens options (left part of picture below) and near on top of this options window you find Select Meshes and Select Groups. The centre part of the picture below shows only one Group: Space Suit.

On the right, the Select meshes was opened and here you see the full list of the objects that make up the space suit (you can scroll ip and down). From this list, you can select each individual part of the mesh.

A good idea is to give the meshes a sensible name and assign those with the same materials to a family or mesh colour (just left of the down arrow that opens the options we discuss). Later, you can just get the desired family and have all similar parts of the object/figure selected.

MeshSelect.gif
    680 x 1200 - 37K
  • Neal_2591351Neal_2591351 Posts: 21
    edited December 1969

Thank you, thank you, thank you everybody. The tab thing-a-muh-bob worked like a charm. And again thanks to all for giving me the time and courtesy of an answer.

Thanks again,

Neal