Genesis 2 and UVs overridden

thoromyrthoromyr Posts: 452
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

so I'm hoping someone has a solution to this:

Genesis 2 Female, add the creature creator cat ears. Attempting to apply MAT files results in error (bug filed). I found the diffuse, bump and transparency maps and created a shader in carrara. This works fine, except...

The only problem is the UV mapping. The UV maps are correct and everything renders correctly *unless* the cat ears are conformed to the genesis g2 female figure. Which is rather the point of this exercise...

So, I'm guessing that the UVs being screwed up are a result of geografting and incomplete genesis support in Carrara. Is there any work around, or does none of the Daz content work in Carrara?

Comments

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,348
    edited December 1969

Hello thoromyr

When I started using Carrara I was mainly using Genesis 2 and Genesis, and had a few problems with the process.

Diomede64 has started a thread in case you missed it.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/45361/

I found that it was best to set up the figures in DAZ3D then save as OPTION-A a scene.DUF file, and when that did not work, OPTION-B export as an obj then import as obj into Carrara. Both options had issues and it was generally a case of looking for a work-around.

I don't know how Options A & B would work especially if you are using Carrara shaders as well.

When I get a chance, probably in the new year I am going to update Dioemede's post with my own issues/problems/work-arounds.

Fingers crossed that the development team will make a Carrara 9.0 which allows for greater ease of use of the Gen/Gen2 series.

Good luck with the problem and let us know if you find a work-around !!!!!

• thoromyrthoromyr Posts: 452
    edited December 1969

thanks for the pointer, I appreciate it.

In my case, Daz Studio is even more broken than Carrara (the entire CMS is borked and support hasn't been able to provide a fix that worked on my system) so I have no real choice but to work in Carrara.

I guess because the UVs are a matter of inheritance it "works" to put the prop (in this case the cat ears) in twice, one conformed to the figure and the second to the first. In this way the second gets the UV of the first.