Export to Unity

icdfreelanceicdfreelance Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Am very interested in purchasing Carrara 8.5 Pro. Part of my decision hinges on Carrara 8.5 Pro exporting seamlessly into Unity. My specific interest would be character animation, scenes, static objects. Have limited experience with DAZ Studio 4.7 and would like to know if the export engine is the same in Carrara or is another used. Have found on occasion exporting in another format other than FBX then using Autodesk FBX converter provides a smoother process.

There are many features I see in 8.5 Pro that appear excellent and hope the same exist for the FBX export feature. Appreciate comments based on actual experience and use of this feature.

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Am very interested in purchasing Carrara 8.5 Pro. Part of my decision hinges on Carrara 8.5 Pro exporting seamlessly into Unity. My specific interest would be character animation, scenes, static objects. Have limited experience with DAZ Studio 4.7 and would like to know if the export engine is the same in Carrara or is another used. Have found on occasion exporting in another format other than FBX then using Autodesk FBX converter provides a smoother process.

There are many features I see in 8.5 Pro that appear excellent and hope the same exist for the FBX export feature. Appreciate comments based on actual experience and use of this feature.

Some people have used it. Not I, but at least I can bump the thread for you.

The Carrara Cafe has a massive amount of tutorials that have been gathered together. I haven't looked, but if there is a tutorial about it, it would be there:
    http://carraracafe.com/

• icdfreelanceicdfreelance Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the link. Will check it out to see if I can find anything on this subject.