Dimension Theory Nature's Shader Upgrade for Iray

I have this product but it's only for 3Delight renders.  PLEASE provide an Iray upgrade for it.

Comments

• UthgardUthgard Posts: 853

I concur. The product would be ideal for ultrascenery and other solutions that use instances; it would really add that touch of randomness and character to help make every instance distinct--not to mention the other uses it had in 3Delight.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

I'm no expert, and I have no insight into whether this is the case for this particular product, but shader functionality does not all carry over from one shader language to another. 

• UthgardUthgard Posts: 853

It usually doesn't, that's why we would like an update for Iray smiley

To be less glib: a few shaders have shown Iray's capability with regards to applying a variation according to coordinates, which should be enough to reproduce the color changing of the original pack in Iray. I am a bit more iffy on the opacity, as Iray may not allow an all-or-nothing approach on specific leaves like 3Delight did, but just having procedurally varied colors should be quite a boon for forests and the like.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,032

A recent shader pack I bought, along with various makeups, have opacity options built-in. I have the OP product and would also buy an Iray upgrade.