Importing Adobe Mixamo Characters.

Hi hello everyone,

I am just trying out Adobe Mixamo Characters Animations in Carrara.

I was able to import the Character in FBX format. It comes with animations. 

Mixamo

AdobeMaxamo Character in Carrara.jpg
1137 x 905 - 187K
AdobeMixamo Characters.jpg
1877 x 886 - 203K

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

Well that's awesome!

I have a decent pile of Mixamo animations converted to Poser PZ2 files that work fairly well, with some tinkering. But being able to bring those complete characters in is fantastic! They have some really cool characters!

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

thanks Ringo, what format were you downloading as? None of the fbx gave me an animation. The dae gave me a pose.

cheers, welcome back too

peasant chap

• ringo monfortringo monfort Posts: 945

Hi,

After applying any of the animations to the characters. I used the DOWNLOAD button..

Selected FBX ASCII, With Skin, default 30 Frames per Second.

You can import the file in Carrara

Headwax said:

thanks Ringo, what format were you downloading as? None of the fbx gave me an animation. The dae gave me a pose.

cheers, welcome back too

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

I use Binary myself and you can mix and match NLA clips of the animations if you make your imported figures animation groups

and your own modelled or other characters rigged with Mixamo too

Thanks Ringo et Wendy 

• Adobe and Carrara I wonder what would have been the history of Carrara if Adobe had kept Carrara after it got it from Metacreations instead of going to Eovia. Now Adobe is doing it's on 3D Apps and stuff. They did aquired Canoma and Canoma never got to see the light of day again.

Now here we are importing Adobe stuff into Carrara. :)

ringo monfort said:

Adobe and Carrara I wonder what would have been the history of Carrara if Adobe had kept Carrara after it got it from Metacreations instead of going to Eovia. Now Adobe is doing it's on 3D Apps and stuff. They did aquired Canoma and Canoma never got to see the light of day again.

Now here we are importing Adobe stuff into Carrara. :)

love double irony

• I use blender to convert the FBX characters for use in Carrara (reducing its file size). I also use a blender to create BVH files and convert them in animated poses using Poser 11 Pro after altering the BVH files using Visuas Basic 2010 to tweak them so they work in Carrara on any Daz/Poser figure from V2 to Genesis 2 that is.

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,701

cynthia1968 said:

I use blender to convert the FBX characters for use in Carrara (reducing its file size). I also use a blender to create BVH files and convert them in animated poses using Poser 11 Pro after altering the BVH files using Visuas Basic 2010 to tweak them so they work in Carrara on any Daz/Poser figure from V2 to Genesis 2 that is.

That sounds like an interesting workflow. I may tag you for the (rough) details someday in the future.

best,

--ms

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323
    edited June 2021

+1!!!

That is very cool, Cynthia! 

I started delving off into a bit of a Blender workflow, but haven't been focussing on it lately because I'm still too useless inside of Blender! LOL

It was a bunch of fortuitous nudging from Mindsong that spurred me on to start thinking even further outside the box, as I was really starting to alter my older workflow for my animations - which then got me to write a little about it: Bridging Technology - New Technology Makes for New Pages

Because of everything Mindsong has taught me, and things that I've lept to as a result of inspiration he's given me, I've gone from my own launch in a new direction, Rosie 5:

to an unfinished Rosie 7, then a fairly undocumented Rosie 8 to Rosie 5.5:

(at 55 seconds, and again at 1:05 in this video are glimpses of my Rosie 8 tests in action)

There were plenty of reasons to build a new Rosie 5. The original is very cool in my opinion, but there were some pretty sizable problematic areas when working with her. On screen the most noticeable change is the hair.

Since then I've built up a whole new Rosie 5 figure with new GenX2 morph injections - using more Genesis 2 than before, so I call her Rosie 5.2

Rosie 5.2 is who I am animating and rendering right now. I don't think I've shown a single image of her to the public yet, even though it feels like I've been working with her for a year, though I know it hasn't been quite that long yet.

She takes the idea of Rosie 5.5 (creating a more Genesis 8-like figure using the Genesis 1 Actor) but with more of the stylized look of Rosie 5. 

It was a comment made by Silene about how adorable she is with her huge eyes. I have a wallpaper of Rosie 5 in her Artemis Knight costume and, when Silene made her comment, my subconscious reminded me how much I love the way Rosie 5 looks - so I built my new Rosie 5.2 using the original Rosie 5 as inspiration, but with the newer figure setup.

I'm very pleased with how she turned out, and how fun she is to work with! heart

(original Rosie 5 in her Artemis Knight apparel)

Post edited by Dartanbeck on