Lady Noir for G8.1F ("Blade Runner's" Rachael) head morph. Rockabilly Noir hairdo!

AOBBAOBB Posts: 957
edited July 2023 in Freebies

This is the first time I am shaping and packaging from scratch a head morph for a Genesis character, so please forgive me any errors that I might have made. If something is wrong, just let me know and I will do my best to fix the problem. If something is unclear in the ReadMe.txt file, please don't hesitate to ask. 

I would appreciate your help with potential blunders. As I said - this is new territory for me.

I did not include any texture maps, because I am pretty bad at making them. I believe you are better off using existing textures. In the images below I have used Victoria 7's for G3F face map that I somewhat modified - most notably I removed the eyebrows and replaced them with fibermesh ones and changed the eyeshadow and lip color in Photoshop.

For the promo images I also used the Yvette hair and the Business Suit for G3F.

This version of Lady Noir is not a continuation of my Lady Noir for V4 or the G3 convertion from V4. It is a brand new head morph created specifically for G8.1F.

Noncommercial use only.

Please let me know what you think!

Enjoy!

AOBB

Lady_Noir_for_G8.1F_Front.png
558 x 774 - 518K
Lady_Noir_for_G8.1F_Side.png
568 x 818 - 582K
Lady_Noir_for_G8.1F_Three_Quarters.png
602 x 797 - 561K
zip
zip
Lady Noir for G8.1F.zip
Post edited by AOBB on

Comments

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

@cridgit - Thank you for the kind words! I'm glad my work is appreciated.

AOBB

• Silver DolphinSilver Dolphin Posts: 1,588

Nice Job. Does look like her.

:) Thank you, Silver Dolphin!

• JansillaJansilla Posts: 36

Impressive work - I agree with Silver Dolphin: it's a good likeness!

Wow! It's good that you find her similar, Jansilla. I look at my model and just see what could be fixed. I believe her jaw corners could be wider and unfortunately there isn't enough resolution in the mesh to add baby fat without making her cheeks looking just balooned. That was one of her more endearing features - baby fat - that she grew out of later. In "Dune" her face is already pretty thin. I think that the future DAZ models should have denser meshes. The computers are getting faster and better and they can handle that. This would make sculpting in such subtle detail possible. I'm not planning on going pro, so HD is out of my reach.

I'm trying to sculpt Deckard now for G8.1M but his face has so much detail that I don't think I can make an accurate likeness. It's a very hard shape to capture. I'm not promising that I will upload him. It will depend on how satisfied I am with the end result. Anyway, his head will have to be simplified and someone will have to add all those smaller grooves and wrinkles on his face with bump and normal maps. That is not my forte at all. One way or another finishing Deckard is in the far future.

I am very happy that I am receiving such positive response though. This gives me motivation to go on. Thank you, guys! :)

AOBB

• SkelchSkelch Posts: 275

Thank you for this. What hair did you use in your render?

I used Yvette hair. If you want to go for a full "Rachael" look, search the freebies forum for Rockabilly Noir by Catherine. It's a hair prop that emulates Rachael's hairdo. I'm not sure if it is still available though as Catherine has retired most (if not all) of her threads. 

I've checked and looks like Rockabilly Noir is not available. I have the Rockabilly files somewhere but it is not my place to post them again online. Maybe if Catherine reads this thread she might post the link to the 'do but that is up to her (him?).

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,015

mic685_ddf880de57 said:

I've checked and looks like Rockabilly Noir is not available. I have the Rockabilly files somewhere but it is not my place to post them again online. Maybe if Catherine reads this thread she might post the link to the 'do but that is up to her (him?).

Yes I retired a number of items. I find people initially download and then the files sit dormant so not to be wasting bandwidth on the various sites. Not today but next time I come across my folder I'll repost it for the gang. Her.

Thank you, Catherine (got it - Her!). That is so sweet of you. I'm sure there will be quite a few downloads. ;)

edited June 2022

Rather than spending hours looking for a zip folder, I repackaged the files for G8F. It loads fine on G8.1F :-)

And here it is at sharecg.com: link retired {I've taken down everything from share, slowly bringing these over to Renderosity}

Enjoy :-)

And for this promo [which doesn't exactly show the hair very well but anyways] I used:

G8.1F
    Film Noir Studio Vol II preset for lighting effects
    Space image on background
    Lady Noir for 8.1F by AOBB
    Some "smile" dialed in
    Evelyn Face Hair
    Rockabilly Hair by me ;-)

Rockabilly Hair Reup for G8F - also loads on G8.1F.png
    2000 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by Catherine3678ab on

Thank you, Catherine. Your promo image is fascinating and cool. :)

You're welcome :-)

Oopsie, forgot the textures! Zip has been updated so the first 3 who downloaded need to redownload, sorry 'bout that.

• SkelchSkelch Posts: 275

Thanks for reposting Cathering3678ab much appreciated

You're quite welcome Skelch :-)

• Im a screenwriter/photographer and i have 2 favorite films at the top. Lawrence of Arabia and Blade runner. The fun i'm going to have creating scenes for her like the DP Jordan Cronenweth did. Smoky rooms and light rays oh my. Good times ahead. Thanks a million for this.

@montrealfilmguy - Please, do me (us) a favor and post your images (or links to them) in this thread, once you are ready. I am a die hard Blade Runner fan too and Rachael is my favorite character. I think that shows. ;)

Oh, btw - you are welcome! :)

AOBB

edited June 2021

Playing around with Aibell's gothic type texture on 8.1. It's on sale today for 2 or 3 dollars - for 8.1 one may prefer to use eyes intended for 8.1 ... and for Lady Noir, one might want to find a cheek blush from another set ... but anyways, got the hair the other day when it was on sale too! [that's the only way I can afford this hobby lol ...] AND the hair comes with a decent light and render setting preset :-) {background is just one of the images I've collected for backgrounds}

Enjoying the sales.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by Catherine3678ab on

That is Noir Diabolique! ;) :) Still, very alluring!

Tried a few options ... need to find or make some blush for her. Also came across a colouring tip - to adjust the hue on the SSS dial rather than the main diffuse channel for realistic skin tinting. I'll be trying that idea when my eyes are working better.

Do you have an SSS map for her, Catherine? Otherwise LN's whole face will turn overly pink and details will get lost too. I've learned that the hard way.

Whether or not that particular set came with one I don't know yet ... but certainly I have several in the Runtime so no, she won't get too pink ;-) For details there's another set I picked up which has a detailed Normal for finer skin details. In the Iray Skin shader there are a few dials from which overall skin colours can be affected and of course what works best in one light may not in another so it's a fun challenge.

Yes, the renderer with its settings is a big part of the equation. I am working on Deckard but right now and he looks fairly decent in the viewport but when I render him with Iray, he looks more like a dumpling. He looks better when I render him in Octane. It will be a long time until I make him look like he should in Iray. Still plenty of work ahead.

I am looking forward to enjoying your new artwork, Catherine! :) 

AOBB

Had to check lol, yes it comes with one. Apparently they used the Skin Builder set so full skin package in there. Also, the make-up uses L.I.E. so those could be used with any other skin texture as well. Which is fine with me, there is another skin I have with more colour in it but not quite the right make-up, so I can hopefully do some mixing 'n matching there.

mic685_ddf880de57 said:

Yes, the renderer with its settings is a big part of the equation. I am working on Deckard but right now and he looks fairly decent in the viewport but when I render him with Iray, he looks more like a dumpling. He looks better when I render him in Octane. It will be a long time until I make him look like he should in Iray. Still plenty of work ahead.

I am looking forward to enjoying your new artwork, Catherine! :) 

AOBB

And I'm looking forward to seeing Deckard :-) 

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,114
    edited June 2021

Thank you for the freebie. This is her with Tasha 8's textures, but modified Ellithia 8 settings. Makeup is a mix of various limited-time Christmas freebies. The eyebrows are from Osuine.

I like her head morph. Reminds me a bit of Stephanie 5, one of my favorite Genesis 1 characters.

Untitled.jpg
    1700 x 2200 - 2M
    Post edited by MimicMolly on

Wow! Thanks MimicMolly! I like that I am seeing artwork with Lady Noir's head morph. I'm glad you feel inspired to do some cool images with her. Keep up the good work, guys! :) I love your inventiveness!

AOBB

• xialiubeixialiubei Posts: 71

Is there anywhere I can find the Rockabilly Noir hair, since the sharecg link was taken down?