The Reality option does not show in the Studio Render menu for DAZ 4.7

edited December 2014 in Daz Studio Discussion

What a wast of my Money $29.95

Reality 4 - DAZ Studio Edition does not show in DAZ 4.7 because, it has a bug, I have tried everything to get this program to work in DAZ Studio 4.7 so far no luck. So I talk to the makers of Reality and Lux Render and they have said that there is a bug in Studio (Keeping this software from working).

see the E-mail I got from DAZ

Cristina Galloway, Dec 08 09:19:

Thank you for contacting DAZ Sales/Tech Support.
We strive to answer all e-mail support requests as soon as possible. In the meantime, please feel free to take a look at our help desk (https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/forums) if you haven't already, as your question may already have an answer there.
We will get back to you shortly!
Thank you
DAZ3D Team

No help at all

Post edited by Softimage_Graphic_Artist on

Comments

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Did you have a previous version installed? Delete all things Reality and reinstall and see if it will properly connect.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

What a wast of my Money $29.95

Ah... you do know DAZ has a no-quibbles refund policy if you've bought within the last 30 days, don't you?

As for the e-mail, that isn't a live DAZ person's reply dismissing your query, it's an automatic acknowledgement that your query is now in the support system and will be answered in the next few days. Everyone gets exactly the same e-mail within hours of putting in a support ticket.

• adegneradegner Posts: 42
    edited December 1969

it sings on my x64 w7 machine, if you get it up it rocks. Test with GPU, I had to disable it to get good results.

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,126
    edited December 2014

Have you tried to manually add it to the render menu?On the "Customize Daz Studio" pane you just drag the item from the left panel and drop it into the menu on the right. panel.Then click "Apply" , then click "Accept" to save the changes. As you can see from the screen shots, I have both versions (2.5 and 4) installed.

customize_pane.jpg
    827 x 746 - 118K
    menu_select.jpg
    640 x 283 - 57K
    Post edited by IceCrMn on
  • edited December 1969

As you can from this screen shot there are no Reality Render Editor in my customize section for Reality 4. I will try to reinstall it again...
    thanks everybody for all of your help and technical advice.

Clay

p1.jpg
    1426 x 968 - 534K
  • WhiteFoxWhiteFox Posts: 92
    edited December 1969

This is where I start Reality from. Also check under the 'help' tab>installed plugins to see if it is enabled

Reality_plugin.png
    1388 x 972 - 119K
  • edited December 2014

I'm having the exact same issue.

Steps:

Already installed Daz3d 4.7
    Already Installed LuxRender 1.3.1
    Installed Reality 4 (default folders: "Program Files", etc.)
    Nothing in the "About Installed Plugins"
    Deleted the plugin folder and reinstalled (done, 4 times).
    I ran Reality, asked me to register. I did, clicked the "Automatic" option and received my activation by e-mail and program is registered.
    Nothing in the "About Installed Plugins"
    Deleted and reinstalled (default install folders)
    Still nothing in the plugins menu or Render menu.

This plugin just won't appear in the "About Installed Plugins" dialog. I've deleted, reinstalled, moved it out of the "Reality" subfolder, ran it unconnected, checked my LuxRender version is correct.

I have done everything except reinstall Daz (I don't want to lose all my settings, and I shouldn't have to).

Why won't it appear in the menu for plugin registration?

Daz3D 4.7
    Win7 x64
    LuxRender 1.3.1
    Reality 4 (just purchased)

EDIT: turns out it was detecting some left over installation of Daz3D 4.6 after upgrading to 4.7 with DL Manager (DL Manager did not install to the same location as 4.6 or remove the old install). I had to delete the 4.6 folder, and redirect it to where DL Manager had put Daz3D 4.7....

Post edited by elbatmanisimo_b851e85b10 on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

DIM (DAZ Install Manager) will always remove the currently installed (Public) version, and replace it with the new (Public) version. The only time it doesn't do that, is if you have installed a Beta version.

• edited December 2014

DIM (DAZ Install Manager) will always remove the currently installed (Public) version, and replace it with the new (Public) version. The only time it doesn't do that, is if you have installed a Beta version.

You are incorrect in this instance.

Previous version installed C:\Program Files

New version installed in my Library G:\Daz3D\Apps

Perhaps it gets lost if you change your DIM paths after installing one version, and it puts the new one in the new folder forgetting where the original is.

A slight flaw in the installation logic.

And, I don't see how your post was meant to help. You merely stated a fact.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

Perhaps it gets lost if you change your DIM paths after installing one version, and it puts the new one in the new folder forgetting where the original is.

DIM won't uninstall items that it didn't install, so if DS was previously installed with a stand-alone installer it won't be uninstalled with a DIM version.

• edited December 2014

DIM won't uninstall items that it didn't install, so if DS was previously installed with a stand-alone installer it won't be uninstalled with a DIM version.

Erm, as I said, I changed my install paths after installing. So, this was my own fault, in some way, for confusing DIM after setting up 4.6.

My issue, however self-imposed, is resolved, thank you.

• edited December 1969

I finally got Reality 4 to work in my DAZ Studio 4.7, it's really a wonderful program; however, the only setback is the rendering time it takes forever and ever and ever. And if you do not give your image enough light in Reality it will always look very grainy (with a lot of little white specks all over your work). Other than that Reality 4 is wonderful. One of the best for DAZ Studio Everyone should try it.
    When you tell Reality 4 to Render your 3D image from DAZ , just go away and see a movie or go shopping and then come back to see the final results.

If anyone is thinking of buying Reality 4 for Studio or Poser. Then you should first look into buying a good video graphic card
    Like NVIDIA GeFORCE GTX 980 4GB, trust me you will need the power. Without a good graphic card you're just wasting you time. Your computer will crash! and at times shut down due to your CPU trying to work overtime for rendering. A good graphics card will cost you about $400 but it's worth it in the long run.

• WhiteFoxWhiteFox Posts: 92
    edited December 1969

Glad to hear you got everything going finally. I have R4 but can't really use it due to having weak hardware (upgrading is not an option for me) but the results I've seen look awesome! Can't wait to see some of your stuff in the gallery.

• edited December 1969

I have decided to totally give up on Reality 4 and LuxRender. I am tired of all of the problems that come with it. My system crashed just to many times using Reality 4 and LuxRender. So I am just going to use DAZ Studio. Some of my images looked ok from Reality 4 but the time just took to long........ It's just crazy for me to use this program!

• CajunBeautyCajunBeauty Posts: 93
    edited December 1969

Mine didn't work either,but I found out that I had 2 plugins folders for Daz and when I took the plugin file and put it in both folders I found that it shows up in Daz Studio.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited March 2015

I finally got Reality 4 to work in my DAZ Studio 4.7, it's really a wonderful program; however, the only setback is the rendering time it takes forever and ever and ever. And if you do not give your image enough light in Reality it will always look very grainy (with a lot of little white specks all over your work). Other than that Reality 4 is wonderful. One of the best for DAZ Studio Everyone should try it.
    When you tell Reality 4 to Render your 3D image from DAZ , just go away and see a movie or go shopping and then come back to see the final results.

If anyone is thinking of buying Reality 4 for Studio or Poser. Then you should first look into buying a good video graphic card
    Like NVIDIA GeFORCE GTX 980 4GB, trust me you will need the power. Without a good graphic card you're just wasting you time. Your computer will crash! and at times shut down due to your CPU trying to work overtime for rendering. A good graphics card will cost you about $400 but it's worth it in the long run.

For future reference you can adjust each light individually while the render is computing. Since the lights are physics based the size of the lap and the power of the lamp (and resulting shadow) are all based on what would happen in real life. a huge light source with inadequate power would not light a scene but you could modify the gain on that light while the render is taking place, conversely a "light bulb" model converted to a light under the same power might be super hot and flood the scene with light, you could adjust that as well. Either way it does not "damage" your render since the elements in the scene are not "statically" lit to be over or under exposed. This is a feature that 3Delight is not capable of, any light adjustment would need to take place post or pre render, not during.

and again, your video card plays no part in your LuxRender CPU based rendering time, it does only on GPU assisted which is still being crafted. You could render with a GTX980 4GB or a Intel Shared RAM built into a $250 laptop and you'll get the same results with time on the CPU render which is more precise.

Post edited by StratDragon on