Are there any high quality ocean wave creation tools for Daz Studio?

Son of the RavenSon of the Raven Posts: 119
edited May 2021 in Product Suggestions

Looking to see if anyone knows of any high quality ocean waves creation tools for Daz Studio that can be used for animations as well as stills. Being able to react to other objects, such as characters and props, is a definite plus.

I have Waves on the Beach and Fluidos (but to be fair I haven't spent much time with fluidos, so it might actually be the best available solution). It would be nice to have something as user friendly as Waves on the Beach but with a higher quality result.

[edit] Suggestions on non-Daz software are also welcome. I've followed along with an ocean and ship tutorial for Maya using Bifrost, but I have not played around with that too much. Bifrost did seem to be fairly user friendly while being quite robust and flexible but not sure how it does with waves/surf. In the future I might start using Unreal Engine, but it's a bit too demanding for my current hardware, at least that's how it appears.

Even though pretty much everything needs some level of postwork polishing in ps or similar, I would love to get as close as possible to ideas like the images I'm attaching. Note that NONE of these images are my work, they're just publicly available images.

263683263007212.png
1900 x 1265 - 3M
ddem4qf-28224d43-50d3-4f26-9428-d159225dab75.jpg
1200 x 800 - 302K
OCEN_OceanWave_09Oct2020.jpg
1000 x 563 - 680K
%22Pipeline+3%22+Framed+Photographic+Print.png
800 x 800 - 970K
5ee49d6e2e4e964c879b363c4ad359e6.jpg
736 x 736 - 76K
Post edited by Son of the Raven on

Comments

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,925

I don't have this one, but it looks promising. check it out:
    https://www.daz3d.com/ireal-animated-ocean-water-system

• 31415926543141592654 Posts: 975

Once you get through thte learning curve, Fluidos is quite powerful ... it can be quite detailed ... it will react to objects ... It also has a waves preset for sale. BUT ...  it is extremely demanding on the computer system and slow to render. 

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,438

Masterstroke said:

It only plays aniBlocks of waves (very complex aniBlocks). No creation ability that I can see. 

• Son of the RavenSon of the Raven Posts: 119
    edited May 2021

Masterstroke said:

I do have that and like it, but it can't do waves, and it can get a bit heavy when you start tiling like a madman. What it does, it does nicely. Thank you.

Post edited by Son of the Raven on
  • 3141592654 said:

Once you get through thte learning curve, Fluidos is quite powerful ... it can be quite detailed ... it will react to objects ... It also has a waves preset for sale. BUT ...  it is extremely demanding on the computer system and slow to render. 

Thank you, I should spend a couple of days learning to use it (I do have the waves preset package as well), wish it were more user friendly like waves on the beach, but the more I use something the more I adjust all of the manual details anyway.

Any chance you've used waves on the beach as well, and can give some side by side comparison notes? I know I'll find out the answer to this question after doing it myself, but if you have a set of waves, can the individual waves be adjusted separately, or will multiple waves in the same setup all be uniform? Any "things I wish I knew when I started" tips would be appreciated. If I remember correctly, to be interactive, characters/props should be parented to the fluidos prop?

You mention it being able to be quite detailed - so you can get much better results than the promo images?