Angel gowns

jodycourjodycour Posts: 137
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

When I try to down load one of the Angel gowns onto micheal 4 or victoria 6 it just stays in the original pose! It does not conform to the body shape of any of the models!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,886
    edited December 1969

I assume by download you mean load from a content pane? Exactly what are you loading, and what is selected when you load it? Is this the set you are using http://www.daz3d.com/angelic-dynamic-bundle-for-v4-and-m4 ? Or are you using one of the items from this set http://www.daz3d.com/angelic-bundle-for-v4-and-m4 , which won't work in DAZ Studio?

• jodycourjodycour Posts: 137
    edited December 1969

Ok so I just purchased the correct bundle: angelic-dnyamic-bundle-for-v4-and-m4
    and it still does the exact same thing as I described to you above when I try to load it to fit any character it sets it apart from the character in the original pose position!

edited December 1969

How does the item appear in the Scene pane? If you open the Dynamic Clothing pane (Window>Panes(Tabs)>Dynamic Clothing) is the robe listed there?

edited December 1969

Nothing appears in the dynamic clothing tab! It does appear in the smart folder though it has a picture of the robe with a green sign that says Wardrobe! It also appears in my content folder this way!

edited December 1969

OK, I suspect that you are still loading the Poser version. Unfortunately the readme for that product has not yet been restored, so I can't tell you exactly where, but try opening the Content Library pane and then to DAZ Studio Formats>People>Michael 4>Dynamic Clothing and look to see if there's a folder for the Angel Robe there - that should be the DAZ Studio version, so try loading that.

It's quite possible that, because of its loose fit, this item won't fit a pose character. If that is the case then you will need to start with the figure unposed, then move the timeline to the end and apply your pose, and finally go back to the beginning of the timeline and run an animated drape. I can give more detailed instructions, but let's make sure you have the right item in the scene first.

edited December 1969

In my content folder it shows both versions Poser and Daz!

edited December 1969

The Poser version won't show in the location I gave, unless there's an issue with the way your folders are set up. Could you post a screenshot showing what you have, please.

edited December 1969

I don't know how to take a snapshot of this!

edited December 2014

Get the files showing in the Content Library, then use the Snipping Tool as I described in ne of your other threads to capture that (with as many as possible of the folders at the top of the pane visible).

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited December 1969

That's the problem, where do I find this snipping tool? I can't find it or know how to use it!

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

jodycour said:
    That's the problem, where do I find this snipping tool? I can't find it or know how to use it!

Can't you just take a screenshot using the regular PrtSc option of your operating system and copy it to Paint or something similar?

edited December 1969

You can do what Cecilia suggests, or - as long as you are on Windows 7 or later - get everything showing as you want and type snipping into the Start menu, click the Snipping Tool, drag out a rectangle to take a snapshot, then in the Snipping tool window click the floppy disc icon to save.

edited December 1969

Ok here goes!

Dynamic_Angel_snip.JPG
    570 x 726 - 85K
    edited December 1969

OK, that's the right file, assuming you are loading Angel Michael.daz. Does it appear in the Dynamic Clothing pane if you select it in the scene?

edited December 1969

Yes but it doesn't load onto the figure, it just stays in the original pose!

edited December 1969

Right, it's probably too loose fitting to be made a conformer. What you need to do is have the Timeline, Dynamic Clothing, and Scene panes open (all from Window>Panes(Tabs), with the robe and Michael 4 loaded.

If your Michael 4 is already posed, and you don't have a preset for the pose, select the figure and go to File>Save as>Pose preset and put the pose somewhere you can find it.

Now, still with Michael 4 selected, go to Edit>Figure>Zero>Zero figure pose. Michael 4 should now fit inside the robe.

In the Timeline make sure that you are on frame 0. Open the pane's option menu - the lined button in the top corner - and make sure that Advanced View is checked.

In the scene pane, right-click on Michael 4 and then click Expand>Expand from Selected - that should show all the bones. Assuming Michael 4 is selected, scroll down to the last bone in the Scene pane, hold down shift, and click on the last bone - that should select all of the bones.

In the Timeline click the create Keyframe button - that's the rightmost button, showing a key with a + in the fob end. Now drag the tiem slider all the way to the right, which will be frame 30 if you haven't done anything else, and apply your pose to Michael 4. Now drag the time marker back to frame 0 - Michael 4 should resume the zero pose.

Now in the Dynamic Clothing tab make sure that the robe is selected, Click Animated instead of Single frame, just under the Clear button. Set up the Collide with list as you usually would, and click Drape. Michael 4 should gradually move to his pose, and the robe should adapt as he does so.